Director/Manager of InsideWork (a new corporate division of Sounds True)
Sounds True, a multimedia publisher specializing in mindfulness and holistic living, is starting a new division called InsideWork. The mission of InsideWork is to help people in the workplace live more genuine, loving, and meaningful lives.
InsideWork is developing a digital library of wellness content packaged for the corporate market—both by curating existing Sounds True content as well as creating new content. Equally as important is developing the ideal strategy to market such content to corporations and other enterprises (e.g., health organizations).
We are seeking a highly experienced, self-motivated person to lead this new division, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer. Please note that the specific timing for this hire has not been finalized, but we wish to start the process of identifying potential candidates.
Desired experience includes:
- Solid Leadership and Management Experience
- Corporate Wellness Experience
- B2B Sales Experience
- Create strategy and execute plans
- Communicate plans throughout the organization
- Monitor performance against plan
- Identify, hire, and manage an excellent team
- Create organizational processes
- Sales & Marketing
- Create the right products for the market
- Develop a distribution and sales strategy to effectively market products
- Financial Management
- Make key resource allocation decisions leveraging an ROI-based mindset
- Effectively leverage Sounds True’s financial management resources
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who has a genuine interest in our mission.
Please send resume and letter of interest to HR@soundstrue.com.
Sounds True, a publisher specializing in spirituality and holistic living, is seeking a part-time (25-30 hrs), experienced Administrative/Executive Assistant to support our Trade Sales and Marketing Department. This position will support all departmental functions including, but not limited to, those listed below.
- Creation of sales reports
- Booking team travel
- Payroll reporting
- Calendar and scheduling
- Assisting Sales Managers and VP with daily functions and account contact
- Database management
- Expense reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent command of Excel and Microsoft Office programs
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, prioritize, and manage time effectively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated self-starter with a connection to the mission of Sounds True. This position is diverse, fast-paced, and ever-changing. We offer a great atmosphere and benefits. To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sounds True, a multimedia publisher specializing in spirituality and holistic living, is seeking a professional, detail-oriented, energetic Rights Manager to join our fast-paced trade sales department. The individual will be a key member of the sales team responsible for all aspects of foreign & subsidiary rights for the Sounds True lists.
- Serve as a day-today contact for all licensing across all product types: audio, book, music, and online courses
- Pitch submissions to prospective clients; respond to all licensing queries
- Create rights guides seasonally
- Target new business and International business development
- Negotiate deal terms and handle all contracts through their complete life cycle
- Liaise with editorial, marketing, publicity, distribution, and art departments to manage and track submission materials, art assets, and production copies for clients
- Attend rights shows; manage show appointment schedule
- Work closely with finance to track and collect outstanding monies
- Respond to author queries
- Organize foreign rights library
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exquisite attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Experience at multitasking while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Capable of building strong working relationships with our agents abroad
- Sales experience necessary
- Experience with CRM software, such as Insightly or Salesforce
- Contracts experience preferred
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
Sounds True offers an excellent working atmosphere and great benefits. To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. The ideal candidate will have a connection to the mission of Sounds True. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Online Course Marketing Manager
Sounds True, a multimedia content provider specializing in spirituality and holistic living, seeks an experienced self-starter to market our online events (e.g., the Self-Acceptance Project) and online courses (e.g., MBSR, Brené Brown, Thich Nhat Hanh, and Pema Chödrön, among many others). Primary responsibilities include writing compelling sales copy for long-form sell pages, microsites and emails; managing affiliate marketing efforts; originating email marketing trades; and coordinating online course/event development efforts. This is a working manager position and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Ability to write compelling online marketing copy
- Experience successfully marketing online courses or online events
- Experience developing joint marketing arrangements (e.g., email trades and affiliate relationships)
- Stays abreast of online marketing trends and new technologies
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Proactive thinker with a desire to deliver results
The ideal candidate will have a heartfelt connection to the mission of Sounds True. To learn more about Sounds True or our existing courses and events, please visit us at soundstrue.com. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Production Coordinator
Sounds True, a spiritually based, multimedia publishing company, seeks an event production coordinator to join our events division. As event production coordinator, this person will be a critical member of a small team reporting to the events director. This position will be responsible for overseeing the production process for all event coordination and related marketing initiatives, as well as cross-departmental coordination.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creating and tracking detailed production schedules for every event
- Attend weekly production and event meetings
- Coordination and traffic management of deliverables for event marketing projects
- Database entry
- Asset tracking and routing
- Meeting coordination
- External communication with presenters, vendors, suppliers, sponsors, and marketing/PR outlets
- Inter-departmental communication and coordination
- Attending and taking on a variety of responsibilities at all live events (5+ per year) locally and in cities around the country
- Administrative and project management duties as assigned
- During live events and in preparation for events, the event production coordinator may be asked to serve a variety of additional functions including, but not limited to, running errands, operating credit card machines, selling products, guest relations, hospitality and food service, presenter and VIP handling, and carrying and setting up equipment.
The ideal candidate:
- Has worked in event production during planning stages and on-site execution
- Is highly proficient at managing and meeting deadlines
- Has strong communication skills
- Has strong writing skills
- Has creative and thoughtful problem solving skills
- Is detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Is confident and able to negotiate skillfully in high-pressure situations, particularly while on-site at an event
- Is proactive and displays strong self-initiative and ownership of projects
- Has a positive attitude and can work well with a team
- Can juggle multiple projects with flexibility and efficiency
- Can quickly learn new software programs and database systems
- Takes pride in producing high-quality work
- Has strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Has aesthetic sensitivity
- Genuinely enjoys working at live events (i.e., long hours in a fast-paced environment with large groups of people)
- Has a genuine interest and connection to the mission of Sounds True
This position will involve heavy project coordination and tracking responsibilities. Please do not apply if you are not highly process driven, detail oriented, and organized.
Candidate must have 2+ years experience in project coordination/traffic management and possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Suite. Experience in Filemaker Pro is a plus. Candidate must be willing and able to travel out of state for 2-3 days at a time, 5+ times per year during weekdays and/or weekends. Candidate must be available for out-of-town assignments for a full week each August, as well as other weekends to be determined. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.