Assistant to the Publisher
Sounds True, a multimedia publisher specializing in spirituality and holistic living, seeks an organized, adaptable, proactive, and highly capable individual to support our Publisher. This is a full-time position based in our Louisville, Colorado office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all scheduling and tasks related to Publisher's popular Insights at the Edge weekly podcast, including booking guests, procuring guest materials/publications, and reviewing such materials to help the Publisher prepare for each interview
- Supporting Publisher in hosting more than 50 live online course and summit broadcasts per year, including researching and recommending authors and reviewing author materials to help Publisher prepare for each broadcast
- Cultivating and managing relationships with authors and other contacts on behalf of Publisher
- Communicating on behalf of the Publisher, including managing Publisher's email as requested
- Making and managing all arrangements for Publisher's busy travel schedule
- Filtering all requests for Publisher's time to ensure that Publisher's schedule is focused and well managed
- Other administrative tasks and miscellaneous errands as assigned
The successful candidate has:
- A genuine connection to Sounds True's mission, content, and authors
- Comprehensive knowledge of the psychology, relationship, health, healing, and self-help marketplace and trends
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to anticipate the needs of others
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and set priorities under pressure
- A proficiency in Microsoft office and Google email/calendar
- At least two years of relevant experience
Sounds True offers an excellent work environment and great benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance; a matching 401(k) plan; paid time off; profit-sharing; and more. To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to HR@SoundsTrue.com.
Sounds True Customer Service Specialist
Work from Home!
Sounds True, a multimedia publisher specializing in spirituality and holistic living, seeks a Customer Service Specialist to provide exceptional customer support. This is a part-time position, averaging 16 hours per week with a potential for more during busy periods. While we will require that you work in the office on Mondays, the rest of the week will be a work-from-home position. The work-from-home schedule will require nights and weekends. This person will focus on Sounds True's online course support, as well as help with general customer service support via email and online chat. This position does not involve phone support.
- Online customer support via online chat and emails
- Act as main customer contact for Sounds True online course-related matters
- Assist with additional customer service projects as needed for our business and direct divisions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer service or phone/online chat support experience highly desired. We are looking for someone with good knowledge about Sounds True products to support customers in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Upbeat, kind, patient, and positive personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive, reliable, confident, and able to work independently with limited direction (once trained)
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Excel and Word desired
- Experience using Gmail and/or Zendesk email software a plus
- Experience with LiveChat or chat service a plus
- Experience downloading books and music
- Must have your own computer and internet access
- Work from home (except Mondays)
- Flexible hours
- Access to free digital downloads of Sounds True products
- Directly support to the Sounds True mission and help customers locate products that will improve their lives.
To learn more about Sounds True, you can visit our website at SoundsTrue.com. To apply, please send a cover letter and a resume to HR@SoundsTrue.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Director of Sounds True's Professional (Psychotherapy/Therapist) Division
Sounds True, a multimedia publisher based in Boulder, Colorado, is seeking a Director of our Professional Division to help us bring leading-edge psychotherapy training to a growing worldwide audience. This is a part-time, contract position with flexible hours, requiring approximately 8–10 hours per week (on average).
We are looking for someone who both has clinical experience as a practicing psychotherapist and a passion for introducing people to leading-edge online training opportunities. You must be a trained psychotherapist, an excellent writer and communicator, and be comfortable speaking and conducting interviews in front of a camera. The ideal candidate lives in the Boulder/Denver area has interest and experience in online marketing.
- Being the face and voice of Sounds True's Professional Division
- Writing a weekly email to our growing database of professionals sharing with them your enthusiasm about new developments in the field and information about Sounds True's online training programs
- As needed, moderating private Facebook discussion groups related to online programs
- Creating 1–2 short video communications each month introducing people to new authors and online programs
- As needed, hosting professional training webinars
- Working with our new product development team to select new authors to feature in our online training summits and courses
- Interacting with leading authors and trainers in the field to help them shape their content for online delivery through Sounds True
- Staying abreast of new trends, modalities, and practices in the psychotherapy field to help develop ideas for online training offerings
- Actively researching and developing relationships with leading psychotherapists and other experts in the space
Please send a cover letter that expresses your interest along with your resume to HR@SoundsTrue.com.
Associate Acquisitions Editor, Content Acquisition
Sounds True, a multimedia publisher specializing in spirituality and holistic living, seeks an experienced, full-time acquisitions editor to help build our list of innovative and high-quality products that are in keeping with Sounds True's mission and publishing strategy.
This is a full-time position that is based in our Louisville, Colorado office, but remote applicants will be considered.
- Knowledge of the psychology, relationships, health, healing, personal development, and self-help marketplaces and trends
- Acquiring 20–25 new audio or online learning projects annually as directed by the Associate Publisher, and providing regular reporting of progress toward acquisitions goals
- Supporting Publisher and Associate Publisher with communication, proposal review, and research, as well as other editorial projects as assigned
- Identifying potential authors, developing proposals, presenting new projects to the acquisitions team, and negotiating offers with authors, business managers, and agents as necessary
- Cultivating and managing relationships with authors
- Brainstorming, creating, and composing new project proposals for content and marketability
- Researching and evaluating industry trends, competitive titles, and professional needs in the designated fields
- Working closely with producers, production staff, marketing and sales, art/design, IT, and the contracts department to meet acquisitions, development, and publishing goals
The Ideal Candidate:
- You have experience acquiring projects in the psychology, relationships, health and healing, and self-help categories. You have an established author and agent network in these disciplines.
- You have experience taking ideas and building products from the ground up—creating concepts, finding potential presenters, etc.—and an independent and entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are a voracious consumer of content related to personal development—and you are passionate about fresh ideas that will help people thrive, live authentically, improve their health, and improve their relationships.
- You have a passion for training, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, a focus on customer satisfaction, and strong project management skills.
- You are a trend-spotter. You possess a great deal of market-savvy, and adore trolling social media sites and print media for new voices and new ideas.
- You thrive while working in a self-directed manner—and you are also an excellent team player.
- Minimum 2–3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels across the organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and set priorities under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office
- An affinity for curriculum related to personal growth, spirituality, and holistic living is a must
Sounds True offers an excellent working environment and great benefits. Application submissions should include cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Please send your resume to HR@SoundsTrue.com.
Web Application Developer—LAMP/Magento
Sounds True, a multimedia publishing company specializing in spirituality and holistic living, seeks a full-time, onsite addition to our software development team in Louisville, Colorado. This person will primarily support the ongoing development of our Magento e-commerce and online course platforms.
- Develop and maintain functionality for our Magento e-commerce, course, and live event systems
- Be responsible for the quality of the software you write and the overall health of our systems
- Actively participate as a member of a Scrum team, defining stories, refining requirements, communicating progress, and completing assigned tasks
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a BS in Computer Science
- Understands and follows TDD, fixturing, and sustainable automation techniques
- Demonstrates delight in finding solutions to complex problems
- Collaborates in a cross-functional team setting
- Is familiar with Amazon Web Services environments
- Has experience with Magento 2.X
- Has been part of an Agile Scrum team
- Has a genuine interest and connection to the mission of Sounds True
- 3 or more years of development experience using PHP and MySQL on Linux systems
- 1 or more years of experience extending and maintaining Magento 1.X
- 1 or more years of experience extending and maintaining WordPress
- Experience developing extensions and themes for the Magento platform
- Experience with source code control and ticket management systems: Git
- Skilled in Linux and MySQL usage and administration
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid timeoff, including your birthday
- Paid timeoff for volunteering; charitable matching
- A pet-friendly workplace
- A meditation room
- And more . . .
Sounds True, a growing multimedia publishing company specializing in spirituality and holistic living, is seeking an experienced Design Director to lead our busy design team and maintain an integrated visual identity. The right candidate will balance hands-on projects and personnel management with strategically shaping our brand across media and channels.
- Mentor, inspire, and manage our growing design team
- Articulate and maintain a quality, consistent brand identity across products, formats, and channels
- Foster a culture committed to excellence, collaboration, professional and personal growth, and job satisfaction
- Cultivate fulfilling relationships with authors, customers, vendors, internal clients, and colleagues
- Supervise workflow through design department
- Propose and administer design team budget
- Maintain familiarity with design trends and best practices across genres, formats, and channels
- Minimum 5 years leading a design department within a publishing company
- Portfolio demonstrating creativity and ability to articulate and interpret brand standards
- Successful direction and management of print, email, web, and interactive design and production
- Proactive work style, hardwired for organization, and devoted to deadlines
- Clear, honest, and kind written and verbal communication style
- Connection to Sounds True's mission and products
Sounds True offers a great work environment and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, paid time off, matching 401(k), profit sharing, and more. To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. To apply, send a compelling cover letter, resume, link to portfolio, and salary requirements to HR@SoundsTrue.com.
Online Course Marketing Administrator
Sounds True, a growing multimedia publisher specializing in spirituality and holistic living, seeks an Online Course Marketing Administrator to assist our online course division. This individual will support the online course marketing team and online course launches. The role will interact with many levels of the team and be highly visible within the department. This individual will be responsible for liaising with Launch Managers and Production Coordinators primarily. This role is part of a fast-paced and fast-growing division of Sounds True that requires a strong work ethic, ability to juggle multiple projects, and attention to detail to succeed.
- Assist in the preparation, coordination, collection, production, supervision, and follow-up of online courses and events
- Setting and tracking detailed schedules
- Database entry
- Asset tracking and routing
- Budget and expense tracking
- Meeting coordination
- Inter-department communication
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Maintain custom reports and dashboards
- Create and manage marketing calendars
- Document and create project work flows
- Perform customer-experience quality assurance checks on elements for web, banner deployment, and campaign landing pages
- Data entry support
- General affiliate support including communication, setup, and documentation
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 year (or more) of experience in e-commerce or related digital field preferred
- Experience using Google Analytics and web applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has a genuine interest and connection to the mission of Sounds True
- Working knowledge of MS Office and use of online interfaces and portals
- Internet savvy and knowledge of current technologies
- Is highly proficient at managing and meeting deadlines
- Has aptitude for prioritizing multiple demands at once
- Has strong communication and teamwork skills
- Is detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Is confident and able to negotiate skillfully in pressured situations
- Is proactive and displays strong self-initiative
Online Course Product Launch Manager
Would you like to lead million dollar online course product launches in the mindfulness and spirituality sector? Sounds True, a growing multimedia publishing company, seeks an Online Product Launch Manager to work closely with our marketing, development and creative teams to execute, launch, and manage online summits, online subscriptions and online courses such as the Power of Awareness. This is a senior marketing position. In this role you will be focused on not only delivering the final product, but helping develop the execution plan—including funnel structure, opt-in email capture, marketing video creation, advertising, email, marketing and nurture strategy. You will contribute to the development of launch processes with a goal of constantly improving process and efficiencies. You will ensure that the launches are on track and will be responsible for effective and timely execution.
- Contribute overall content marketing strategy while owning execution
- Drive video creation strategy and execution for launches
- Communicate effectively with all layers of the organization to drive successful launches
- Execute launch plan including funnel structure, email plan, opt-ins and social targeting
- Apply our methodology and enforce project standards
- Manage multiple launch executions across the business
- Work with production coordinators to ensure effective project management (e.g. develop time lines, set priorities, identify risks, develop and implement process improvements, etc.)
- Liaise effectively with service providers, team members and cross-functional departments
- Motivate and build a collaborative team
- Experience and knowledge of funnels marketing launch strategy (e.g. methodologies taught by Jeff Walker, Eben Pagan, Russell Brunson and Digital Marketer)
- Stellar overall marketing knowledge and experience
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and execute results within designated timeframes
- Ability to take big picture view while executing and managing details
- Previous experience in managing the work output of other team members and service providers to deliver tasks on time
- Excellent attention to detail and exceptional written communications skills
- Willing to learn new systems and skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced start-up type environment (inside of a 30 year old solid business
- Organized, decisive, reliable and trustworthy
- Self-motivated with a commitment to achieving results
- Connection to the mission of Sounds True
Sounds True offers an excellent work environment and great benefits, including health, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, profit sharing and more! Sounds True is located in Louisville, CO, near Boulder (both rank among the top places to live in the US). To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to HR@SoundsTrue.com.
Sounds True, a multimedia publisher offering transformational programs to help you live a more genuine, loving, and meaningful life, seeks a highly motivated publicist/marketing professional with a track record of delivering successful campaigns.
- Support publicity team with pitches and help secure top national and local media, including print, television, online, and radio
- Proactively work to identify effective PR opportunities for Sounds True products and authors
- Develop and sustain excellent media relations in various markets specific to Sounds True products and authors
- Write press materials and manage time-sensitive publicity mailings
- Coordinate author events/appearances, including author travel and bookstore communication
- Research and update media contacts and update in-house Publicity Report daily
- Manage select marketing projects across various internal teams, including galley giveaways on social platforms
- Communicate effectively with authors and publicity, marketing, sales, and creative teams
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills (social media skills are a plus)
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle a multitude of tasks
- Possess a deep knowledge of highly trafficked blogs and new media platforms
- Previous publicity and/or publishing industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to think strategically and to work independently
- Energetic and collaborative team player
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet goals and timelines
- Ability to quickly understand target audience
The ideal candidate has a heartfelt connection to the mission of Sounds True. We offer a positive work environment and excellent benefits. To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to HR@SoundsTrue.com.
Email Marketing Coordinator
Sounds True, a multimedia publishing company specializing in spirituality and holistic living, is looking for an Email Marketing Coordinator to join our marketing team. This candidate should be metrics-minded, be able to communicate clearly and effectively, and have some marketing experience (preferably email marketing). The right candidate is a multitasker who loves both the creative side and analytics of email. This role reports to the Email Marketing Manager and works alongside a team of designers, developers, analysts, and launch coordinators/managers.
- Email QA and using Email on Acid
- Entering and updating course schedules into master schedule
- Scheduling and sending emails in Bronto (our ESP)
- Providing post-send reports to cross-functional partners
- Entering proofing tickets
- Basic metrics: pull, enter, and maintain data in main stats sheet (new sheet for 2017)
- Assisting Email Marketing Analyst with data and reports to evaluate
- Gathering assets for events and author emails
- Setting up lists and segments in Bronto; sharing list API info with the development team
- Setting up basic workflows in Bronto
- Communicating effectively and working closely with stakeholders, marketing team, and QA
- Prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in marketing, advertising, management, communications, etc.
- 1–2 years of experience, preferably in marketing or advertising (email marketing a plus)
- Moderate Excel proficiency
- Familiar with design principles and best practices
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with email service providers preferred
- Familiar with (or willing to quickly become familiar with) related laws and guidelines
- Is effective in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects
Sounds True offers a great work environment and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, paid time off, matching 401(k), profit-sharing, and more. To learn more about us, visit SoundsTrue.com. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR@SoundsTrue.com.
Independent Sales Reps
Sounds True, a well-established, recognizable, and growing publisher specializing in spirituality and holistic living, seeks representation in the gift market. We offer a competitive commission, impeccable personal customer service, and a guarantee on all sales for one year.
Today's gift market is experiencing dynamic growth as consumers are buying more gift items to help their family and friends find more balance and joy in their lives. For more than 30 years Sounds True has offered the highest-quality programs in the field of yoga, children's books, relaxation, sleep, therapeutic music, and personal healing from leading teachers and visionary artists of our time.
In 2015, we launched our first children's yoga book, Good Night Yoga, which became that year's bestselling book. It was featured in Parents magazine, Woman's World magazine (as a holiday pick for parents), and Mini magazine, among others. Its companion, Good Morning Yoga, was released in March 2016 with equally strong sales.'
If you are interested in becoming an Independent Sales Representative for Sounds True, please email your cover letter and resume to HR@SoundsTrue.com.
Marketing and Metadata Coordinator
Sounds True, a multimedia publisher specializing in spirituality and holistic living, is seeking a marketing and metadata coordinator to join our sales and marketing team. Our trade sales and marketing team connects Sounds True books, audios, and music to a vibrant community of readers and listeners. Our marketing and metadata coordinator balances a passion for accuracy and detail with a love for books, a genuine interest in our content, and an ability to coordinate multiple projects at once, including metadata distribution.
- Accurately maintaining, auditing, and optimizing Sounds True metadata feed to retail partners
- Helping develop and implement SEO, keyword, and discoverability best practices
- Supporting the sales team with reporting and other projects
- Coordinating production of assets needed by sales team, including product flyers, sales emails, and core market catalog
- Supporting the marketing team with market research, campaign analysis, and other projects
The Ideal Candidate:
- Brings a minimum of three years' experience in marketing, preferably in publishing or related content-rich field
- Delivers results accurately and is driven by attention to detail and quality assurance
- Is fluent in metadata software and Excel
- Loves reading, books, authors, bookstores, libraries and all things bookish
- Shows curiosity, is willing to try new approaches, and is able to learn new skills quickly
- Has a genuine connection with our content and with the mission of Sounds True
- Balances an ability to work independently with a passion for collaboration
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and written communication skills