Body and Mind Are One - Online Course and Free Download
An Online Training Course in Mindfulness
|Add to Cart|
Self-Guided Video Course
100% guarantee on Sounds True titles
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website.
If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectation—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund or exchange—whichever you prefer.
For items manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Summarize the Buddha's seven exercises for using your breath mindfully to cease internal conflict, release tension and anxiety, and become aware of the conditions for happiness and freedom that are always readily available.
- Discuss the meaning of emptiness, aimlessness, and endlessness as gateways to liberation, as well as the profound teaching of inter-being.
- Discuss the Dharma as the practice of looking deeply into the life-changing energies of mindfulness, concentration, and insight.
- Practice touching the Buddha nature within you--nourishing the seeds of compassion and lovingkindness within you.
- Define the Five Mindfulness Trainings as a tool for exploring the consequences of our actions.
- Discuss transcending discrimination, fear, anger, and other inner afflictions--moving into your presence--the greatest gift you may offer the world.
When your body and mind work together as one, you are fully and naturally present in the moment. This is the essence of mindfulness practice. Body and Mind Are One: An Online Training in Mindfulness brings you an unparalleled eight-week course with the venerable Thich Nhat Hanh, who has practiced, shared, and lived this profound wisdom for over seven decades.
Enroll in Body and Mind Are One and receive a free digital download of Thich Nhat Hanh's one-hour program Drops of Emptiness: Songs, Chants, and Poetry from Plum Village. Here is an opportunity to share in musical contemplations rarely heard outside the seclusion of this cherished Zen monastery.
Your Breath: The Bridge between Mind and Body
In our hectic modern world, many of us are caught racing from one to-do to the next, planning this or worrying about that. We are often completely consumed by thoughts and by unconscious habits that numb us to our true experience—and to the suffering we create for ourselves and for those around us.
Two thousand six hundred years ago, the Buddha offered clear instructions for breaking this cycle and coming back home to our bodies—and to the wonders of life found only in the present moment. Your breath is the key.
In Body and Mind Are One, Thich Nhat Hanh personally instructs you in every step of the Buddha's specific exercises for using your breath mindfully to cease internal conflict, release tension and anxiety, and become aware of the conditions for happiness and freedom that are always readily available.
Join Thich Nhat Hanh on Retreat
Originally recorded during a six-day retreat in the beautiful Rocky Mountain village of Estes Park, Body and Mind Are One gives you the opportunity to study with Thich Nhat Hanh along with a community of monastics and lay practitioners. More than a training course in mindfulness, Body and Mind Are One is at once a living transmission of insight from this beloved Zen master and a practical teaching series covering fundamental Buddhist principles for a joyful life.
What You Will Receive:
- Seven hours of four-camera, high-definition video sessions with Thich Nhat Hanh, yours to download and enjoy as often as you like
- Two live session recordings featuring audience Q&A with Sister Lang Nghiem and Brother Phap Hai, senior students of Thich Nhat Hanh
- A private journal for reflecting on your experience
- Weekly recommended exercises and a handy practice tracker to support your training
Body and Mind Are One invites you to learn more about:
- The life-changing energies of mindfulness, concentration, and insight
- Your presence, the greatest gift you can offer the world
- Being there: the first aim of meditation
- A magic formula for instant happiness
- The profound teaching of "interbeing"
- The truth of impermanence
- Buddhism's Noble Eightfold Path and the Four Noble Truths
- The meaning of emptiness
- Dharma as the practice of looking deeply
- Touching the Buddha nature within you
- Transcending discrimination, fear, anger, and other inner afflictions
- Karma as actions of thought, speech, and body
- Buddha's seven exercises for mindful breathing
- How to nourish the seeds of compassion and lovingkindness within you
- The Five Mindfulness Trainings—a tool for exploring the consequences of our actions
The Greatest of All Miracles
"Through mindfulness," teaches Thich Nhat Hanh, "we can recognize the miracle of being alive, and that is the greatest of all miracles." Body and Mind Are One welcomes you to experience the wise and healing presence of this unsurpassed teacher, as breath-by-breath you follow his simple guidance into what he calls "the Pure Land of the Buddha, the Kingdom of God, in the here and the now."
10 Item(s)per page
- Review for Body and Mind Are One - Online Course and Free Download Review by Carolyn L
Wonderful, dense, rewarding online video.
(Posted on 10/21/2014)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Gary R
This is an extensive, very orderly presentation that vastly exceeded my expectations, even though I am and have been a fan of Thich Nhat Hahn for years. I guess something clicked during this series, and I am quite thankful for the opportunity.
(Posted on 5/3/2014)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Deborah B
I am enjoying Body and Mind Are One, and intend to use it many times in the future.
(Posted on 4/23/2014)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Phyllis C
Thich Nhat Hahn really needs no review. However, what was especially wonderful on this was the video part which is in excellent resolution. The camera work is excellent as it gets close in to see his expressions, which are marvelous. I recommend it.
(Posted on 4/14/2014)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Marcia S
Really wonderful, so well organised and great to be able to write your own notes. The videos are just the right length to be able to do the course a bit at a time. Highly recommended.
(Posted on 8/14/2013)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Melissa N
The sound quality varies, and Thich can be hard to hear. My chief difficulty was in downloading the files. The server keeps sending a signal saying the download is complete when it is actually not. I will not buy any more courses for that reason. All the other downloads I have done from Sounds True download completely, but not the courses.
(Posted on 1/31/2013)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Lauri Bower
Lots of beautiful teachings, lovely to have direct contact (as it were) with both Thay and some of the monastics. Just watched week 1 so far, but it looks like it will be a wonderful path to explore for the next few weeks, and beyond.
(Posted on 4/24/2012)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Sarah Quilter
Very good...what I expected...good interaction wih other participants...it continues so we'll see about the rest of the program...thanks for giving a structure for this wonderful program
(Posted on 4/21/2012)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Eric SChneider
I was at the live event las Summer. It was one of the most empowering, inspiring, and enlightening experiences of my 65 years.
I bought the entire Retreat on DVD when Ieft for just $17 less than this. The audio is better on the SoundsTrue recording sampled here.
I'd recommend it to everyone. Everyone!
(Posted on 3/9/2012)
- Review for Body and Mind Are One Review by Dearbhail Connon
Being here, being alive in the present moment; the greatest gift you can give to your loved one is your presence. Simple beauty, profound wisdom, from a genuine master..
(Posted on 2/29/2012)
10 Item(s)per page
Write Your Own Review
Self-Guided Video Course
Contents Video downloads Date Published July 01, 2012 Product Code ap02890
Contents 10 CE credits Date Published April 16, 2012 Product Code ce03122