Two Free Gifts from Sounds True
The Practice of Mindfulness:
The Practice of Mindfulness: 6 Guided Practices
Mindfulness is a simple yet profound practice that transforms lives. The Practice of Mindfulness invites you to join six Sounds True authors who are each considered leaders in bringing the many benefits of mindful living into our personal and professional lives. Enjoy six beginner-friendly guided meditations aimed at increasing harmony in mind and body in order to open us to the fullness of our experience from one moment to the next.
- "Breathing Meditation" by Jack Kornfield from Meditation for Beginners
- "Meditation for Relaxation" by Shinzen Young from Meditation
- "Mindfulness Meditation" by Kelly McGonigal from The Neuroscience of Change
- "A Pause for Presence" by Tara Brach from Mindfulness Meditation
- "Meditation on Compassion" by Sharon Salzberg from Guided Meditations for Love and Wisdom
- "The Healing Lake Meditation" by Jon Kabat-Zinn and Andrew Weil, MD from Meditation for Optimum Health
The Science of Mindfulness:
The Science of Mindfulness: How Changing Your Brain Changes Your Life
To be mindful is to pay attention to whatever arises in the moment. Whether in response to thoughts, feelings, emotions, or bodily sensations, when we are present to our experience in an open and nonjudgmental way, we are practicing mindfulness. With The Science of Mindfulness, you will join five Sounds True authors for an introductory program exploring the ways that science has begun to validate what the world's wisdom traditions have said for centuries: mindfulness practice has the power to transform every facet of our lives.
- "What Is Mindfulness?" by Jon Kabat-Zinn from Mindfulness for Beginners
The teacher who brought mindfulness meditation into the mainstream of medicine and society describes the many benefits of daily practice.
- "Mindfulness and the Brain" by Daniel J. Siegel, MD from The Mindful Brain
Dr. Siegel explains the effects of mindfulness practice on our mental health and physiology.
- "Happiness, Enlightenment, and the Brain" by Rick Hanson, PhD from The Enlightened Brain
We know more about the brain today than ever before. Dr. Hanson discusses how we can use this knowledge to cultivate lasting experiences of happiness and fulfillment.
- "The Perception of Separation" by Tara Brach, PhD from Meditation and Psychotherapy
Tara Brach explains how the practice of mindfulness can help us break through the false sense of separation that so often leads to suffering.
- "Mindfulness and the Experiencing Self" by Kelly McGonigal, PhD from The Neuroscience of Change
Dr. McGonigal describes a present-centered aspect of the mind confirmed by recent neuroscience research known as "the experiencing self" that can be cultivated through mindfulness practice.