|Add to Cart|
Self-Guided Video Course
100% guarantee on Sounds True titles
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website.
If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectation—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund or exchange—whichever you prefer.
For items manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
Mindsight—A Potent Skill That Can Help Us Rewire Our Brain and Live Life to the Fullest
Mindsight is the term that Dr. Daniel J. Siegel, a pioneer in the emerging field of interpersonal neurobiology, coined to help us understand how we can harness the power of our minds for personal transformation. With Practicing Mindsight, this acclaimed author and speaker invites you to join him for an online course that explores how to resculpt our neural pathways, and break free from the mental patterns that hold us back from living life to the fullest.
A thorough distillation of his life’s work, this immersive six-session course includes four instructional sessions, and two Q&A sessions—more than seven hours of paradigm-shifting insights, cutting-edge science, and helpful tools for developing this valuable life skill.
“Dr. Daniel Siegel is one of the most thoughtful, eloquent, scientifically solid and reputable exponents of mind/body/brain integration in the world today.”
— Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, author of Wherever You Go, There You Are
“Mindsight is a remarkable exploration into the synergistic workings of the mind and the brain. Using clinical vignettes…Dr. Siegel shows us how we can go from reactive impulsiveness to receptive awareness so that we can make valid choices, not blindly repeat maladaptive behaviors.”
— Clarice Kestenbaum, Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia University
A Global Innovator in the Integration of Science and Psychotherapy
Through his 25 years of careful, hands-on clinical work, Dr. Siegel has made it his mission to understand the complex interplay between our mind, brain, and relationships—and how to leverage this dynamic for improved health and well-being.
Using scientific research from a broad range of fields including attachment theory, psychology, neurobiology, and medicine as well as fresh insights into its practical application in everyday life, Dr. Siegel has developed unique approaches that have helped hundreds of patients heal themselves from painful events in the past and overcome the obstacles to happiness in the present.
Dr. Siegel’s discoveries have also inspired cultural leaders in numerous fields to transform and enhance their work—from His Holiness the Dalai Lama to the Vatican and more.
- Describe the relationship between the brain, the mind, and human relationships
- Summarize how the brain is shaped and molded by the mind
- Utilize a meditation practice that increases mindfulness
- Apply therapeutic techniques that can help clients gain meaning from traumatic events
- Discuss how different forms of early attachment impact the structure of the brain and adult relational patterns
Whether you’re a therapist seeking to help a client heal trauma, a spouse looking to create a closer connection with your mate, or a parent seeking to raise a healthier child, Practicing Mindsight offers an illuminating online course rich with scientific evidence and case studies on how we can all harness the power of our minds to rewire our brains for greater happiness and well-being.
- Mindsight, a skill we can all develop to break free from mental patterns that get in the way of living our lives to the fullest
- A practical definition of the mind—distilled from a dozen scientific fields
- The triangle of well-being—how to promote a healthy flow between your mind, brain, and relationships
- How to stimulate the growth of new neural connections in your brain
- What it means to resonate with another and create a “we”
- Neural plasticity—how the brain changes in response to experience
- What you can do to keep your mind fresh and keep yourself from getting stuck in behavior ruts
- The eight domains to integration and how they can help promote harmony in our lives
- More than seven hours of clinical insights, cutting edge science, and helpful tools for developing the life-changing skill of Mindsight
3 Item(s)per page
- Review for Practicing Mindsight Review by Quinn E
I'm only part way through this program, and have already learned a lot. There was one piece that was very significant for me. What the Attachment Research has shown is nothing short of revolutionary! It has helped me go further in understanding my relationship with my mother. It has opened my eyes to what more I need to do in my life. I'm so looking forward to the remainder of the program . . . and then doing it all over again!
(Posted on 10/28/2013)
- Review for Practicing Mindsight Review by Ingrid F
This course is top notch. The quality of the material is outstanding, even though it can be quite scientific, Dr. Siegel has managed to express it in a way that is very easy to grasp. I have been working on myself with therapy and spiritual practices for over ten years, yet this material has led a strong light of things I had not yet been able to resolve. A must read for anyone serious on personal & spiritual development.
(Posted on 7/3/2013)
- Review for Practicing Mindsight Review by DONALD F CROUCH
The physical quality of the product was excellent, as was Dr. Siegel's presentation.
(Posted on 9/18/2011)
3 Item(s)per page
Write Your Own Review
Self-Guided Video Course
Contents Video downloads; 2 Audio downloads; 1 Set of written course materials Date Published July 13, 2010 Product Code wc01630n
Contents 5 CE credits Date Published April 29, 2010 Product Code ce01767