Spontaneous Evolution and 2012
The Choice to Become a New Species
|Add to Cart|
|No options of this product are available.|
100% guarantee on Sounds True titles
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchases from Sounds True, which manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a 1-year guarantee.
We think of 2012 in terms of Mayan prophecies and mystical phenomena, yet Dr. Bruce H. Lipton says that there is also a surprising amount of scientific evidence that suggests a major evolutionary shift for the human species is coming in our immediate future. With Spontaneous Evolution and 2012, he reveals how the forces of history—including dangerous trends like climate change and overpopulation—are creating the conditions for a transformation so profound and rapid that we could become an entirely new species. As Dr. Lipton explains, “Just as a terminally ill patient can have a ‘spontaneous remission,’ usually following a major life change or change in beliefs, I believe that human society is now on the verge of a similar evolutionary healing on a global scale.”
How can a species-wide metamorphosis happen so quickly? As the emerging science of epigenetics shows, our beliefs and choices can control our biology down to a cellular level. In this three-part on-demand event, Dr. Lipton examines the beliefs that have brought us to this precarious time—and what new beliefs will give humanity the chance to overcome the obstacles of today. Join this pioneering biologist as he presents a bold and hopeful vision of the next “holistic” stage of human civilization—and what each of us can do to fully participate as co-creators of the world to come.
Each session features recorded Q&A with Dr. Lipton.
Session One: Why Can’t We Get What We Want?
In his groundbreaking book, The Biology of Belief, Dr. Lipton outlined the evidence that our thoughts are just as important as our genes in controlling our health and evolution. So why is it so hard to be who we want to be? In this session, Dr. Lipton explores the influences of culture and psychology on our biological destiny, including:
- What science, genetics, and history tell us about where we’re headed
- The cultural myths and misunderstandings that have defined our world today
- The power of the unconscious—what placeboes and noceboes reveal about the challenges of changing our beliefs
- “Did I subconsciously ask to get sick?”—How to escape the pitfall of self-blame
- Where to look for inspiration for a positive vision of the future
Session Two: Why Are We Destroying the Planet?
When a caterpillar enters its cocoon, the old tissue must break down and die off to allow its transformation to occur. Dr. Lipton explains that this is the perfect metaphor for understanding our situation today—the breakdown of our world, as dangerous as it seems, is also a necessary step in the next stage of our growth. In this session, he illuminates our species-wide struggle between outdated beliefs and new realizations, including:
- Extinction or evolution? Why we’re at the tipping point for each possibility—and how we can choose our future
- Three perennial questions that define every stage of civilization—and how the answers are changing today
- The four fundamental myths of the current scientific orthodoxy and why they no longer serve us
- The four foundational truths of spontaneous evolution and how they can liberate us to achieve our true potential
- Practical tips to prepare for times of change
Session Three: The Painful Freedom
Albert Einstein said that problems cannot be solved at the same level of consciousness that created them. This, explains Dr. Lipton, is now the driving force behind human evolution—we have created so many problems for ourselves that we have no choice but to transform our consciousness in order to survive them. In this final session, he explores what the near future has in store for humanity and the earth, including:
- The 2012 connection—the energetic influences that could enable a dramatic acceleration of evolutionary change
- The cellular model of cooperation—practical economic, political, and social lessons from the microscopic world
- Why the version of humanity that will solve today’s challenges will be a new “super-organism”
- Lamarckian evolution—why we won’t have to wait for future generations to see species-wide changes
- The holistic human—a vision of what we will become and what we can each do to help realize a bright future
Write Your Own Review
- Review for Spontaneous Evolution and 2012 Review by Judith M
I have both of Bruce Lipton's books and this is a continuum of his work. His style of delivery is enthusiastic, clear and interesting.
(Posted on 8/21/2012)
- Review for Spontaneous Evolution and 2012 Review by linda
not to sure how evolution works
(Posted on 2/13/2011)
- Review for Spontaneous Evolution and 2012 Review by Rose Esquillaro
Moro no Brasil, sou estudiosa dos fatos que nos levam a evolução e simplesmente adorei o livro desse médico maravilhoso. Precisamos de pessoas que estudem mais a fundo nossa origem, presente e nosso futuro..... Parabéns
(Posted on 10/24/2010)
- Review for Spontaneous Evolution and 2012 Review by Arvetta Souza
I have read Lipton's new book , 'Spontaneous Evolution', you will be delighted and highly informed by these sessions - he
is one of the luminaries of the 'now'!
(Posted on 6/7/2010)