The Freedom to Love
An Online Training Course to Liberate Your Genuine Heart
|Add to Cart|
Self-Guided Video Course
100% guarantee on Sounds True titles
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website.
If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectation—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund or exchange—whichever you prefer.
For items manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Do you want to love and connect with others more deeply, but need a little help?
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Utilize any challenges, frustrations, or fears you may be facing as the launching pad to awaken the natural and boundless capacity of your heart
- Discuss how to use the principles of The Four Immeasurables to begin unfolding your natural and joyful qualities of compassion, self-acceptance, connection, and unconditional love
- Utilize written teachings, video and audio sessions--including live question and answer sessions revealing Pema's most unexpected, entertaining, and memorable insights
- Practice deep meditation and self-reflection--this beloved and gifted teacher will guide you through traditional Buddhism’s traditional awakened heart training . . . with a difference
With The Freedom to Love, Pema Chödrön invites you to start wherever you are—with any challenges, frustrations, or fears you may be facing—and use them as the launching pad to awaken the natural and boundless capacity of your heart.
Struggling with Matters of the Heart? This Is the Place to Bring Them
Through six sessions of intensive learning and practice, this beloved and gifted teacher will guide you through traditional Buddhism’s traditional awakened heart training . . . with a difference.
Pema might have named this course “Working with the Hard Stuff”—because here she’ll be showing us how to use the principles of The Four Immeasurables in our most challenging situations, relationships, and emotional states.
A Multifaceted Course to Awaken Your Boundless Heart
The Freedom to Love will engage you with written teachings, video and audio sessions, weekly self-reflection practices, deep meditation, plus two revealing sessions recorded with Pema Chödrön answering questions from a live audience.
If you’ve ever had the opportunity of attending a dharma talk with her, then you know that Pema’s Q&A discussions often reveal her most unexpected, entertaining, and memorable insights.
Here you are invited to come as you are—calm, confused, or just in need of a heartfulness tune-up—to begin unfolding your natural and joyful qualities of compassion, self-acceptance, connection, and unconditional love.
What you'll receive:
- 2 RECORDED Q&A VIDEO GATHERINGS with Pema Chödrön, where she answers questions and provides support (2 hours)
- OVER 6 HOURS OF IN-DEPTH VIDEO AND AUDIO SESSIONS of learning and guided meditations
- ONLINE WORKBOOK to guide your practice and record observations
Staying Open to the Movie of Your Life
- Introduction to The Four Immeasurables—lovingkindness, compassion, sympathetic joy, and equanimity
- Tapping into our inherent nature, the ultimate equanimity, staying open to the movie of your life
- Expanding your capacity to love
- Starting with what you have
- What blocks you is actually a path
- Recommended reading
Experiencing Your Infinite Nature in the World
- Opening to receive love
- Trusting in our innate capacities and potentials
- Unconditional love
- Working with our benefactors
- The urgency of spiritual training
- Becoming good citizens of Earth
- Your basic goodness
The Roots of Suffering and Happiness
- Wishing happiness for ourselves
- Ceasing to struggle against ourselves
- Working with addictions
- Transforming your relationship with yourself
- The power of open awareness
- Our fundamental well-being
The Practice of Lovingkindness
- Receiving a benefactor’s love
- Practicing lovingkindness with a partner
- Why we’re here
- Our potential for awakening
- Allowing our pain to be present
- Leaning into the sharp points
- The three kinds of suffering
Changing Your Heart Toward Pain
- Unacknowledged fears
- Remaining present with difficult feelings
- Compassion as a cradle for pain
- Contacting your worries
- Receiving compassion
- Beyond us and them
- Working with numbness
Cultivating Joy and Gratitude
- Rejoicement therapy
- So much to appreciate
- How joy calls on inner strength
- What do you appreciate?
- Rejoicing in the good fortune of others
- Working with envy or jealousy
- Feelings of deficiency
- Staying present and open
Write Your Own Review
- Excellent course for managing emotional reactions Review by Ghassan
This is a great course for handling habitual responses. The message is clear, simple & damn practical!
I have been involved in many mindfulness classes, they all oriented me toward focusing on visceral sensations to manage emotions & develop resilience. They were all beneficial but never completely fulfilling as this course is.
The simple act of labeling visceral sensations as 'Shenpa' while pointing to the 'hooking' quality of them was a game changer. The familiarization of Shenpa as a concept made me able to accept them with complete clarity & wisdom.
Thank you, Pema.
(Posted on 7/5/2016)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Allison F
I am a long time "student" of Pema's although she doesn't know it. The transmission I have received from her many many books and recordings have changed my life over the years and transformed me completely. Freedom to Love is no exception. I rely on and require Pema's work in my life on a daily basis to deal with all the many things that are happening in our world--both personally and globally. I thank her and sounds true for making this possible.
(Posted on 5/17/2013)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Colleen G
Pema never fails to inspire me!! She is able to humorously address those sticky areas in our life with such realness and compassion and offers wisdom beyond the beyond. I always look forward to hearing something more from her. She's a steady companion and friend in the world of buddhist teachings! Thank you Sounds True for making her accessible to us.
(Posted on 2/1/2013)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Jaki Armstrong
The content was excellent and of course Pema Chodron is always incredibly comforting and supportive. I have had much difficulty downloading the videos in particular. It would seem they have downloaded but when I try to play them, the video and audio stops even though the timer keeps running. Mind you I seem to have been able to download the live session today and am monitoring it to see if it plays through.
I love your site but it is costing me a small fortune as I keep finding books/audios that I just must have. Thank you, Jaki Armstrong
(Posted on 10/31/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by laura newton
This is a wonderful series. I am very happy with the presentation, including the notes options. I thought this webinar was very well done.
(Posted on 10/31/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Caron Smith
I am enjoying my course with Pema Chodron. The live sessions are wonderful, and the taped sessions are easy to do, and I am finding them to be beneficial to my practice.
(Posted on 10/29/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Catherine Townley
I have greatly enjoyed this course. It may have been worthwhile to have one session at the end of each week that allowed us to see a composite set of a few questions from those in attendance, so that we could hear Pema's responses. I know it would have to be brief, but even 20 minutes or so of this kind of segment would be insightful.
I will continue to watch and re-watch all the downloads and I'm very glad that I bought the course online. Thank you,
(Posted on 10/27/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Laura Castor
The wisdom here takes time to integrate and practice, and the design of this course allows for that. I appreciate the balance of lectures, guided meditations, and the questions for reflection after each segment. Thank you for making Pema's teachings available!
(Posted on 10/26/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Amy Shouse
I love this course. Having access to Pema is invaluable. Thank you so much for this.
(Posted on 10/26/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Linda Nease
Pema is always excellent -
(Posted on 10/8/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by mike G
I wanted to attend this live event at Omega. Circumstances prevented it. A blessing that Sounds True has made these teaching availible through the course. It is like I am right there. Thank you Sounds True and of course Pema for her devotion to sharing wisdom
(Posted on 10/4/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Peggy
I've decided to go ahead even though my finances are also strapped at this time.
To have the privilege of hearing this great teacher who won't always be here,is such an honor.
What I'd like to share w/you all who are having a tough time is, find 1or more friends to share the cost and make it a group session.Share the teachings share the cost,it's a win-win.
(Posted on 9/26/2011)
- Review for The Freedom to Love Review by Simon
Love Pema! Can't wait for this course!
(Posted on 8/25/2011)
Self-Guided Video Course
Contents Video downloads; Audio downloads; Set of written course materials Date Published January 19, 2012 Product Code WC02463N
Date Published August 18, 2015 Product Code CE04879