Viniyoga Therapy for the Upper Back, Neck and Shoulders
|Add to Cart|
|No options of this product are available.|
100% guarantee on Sounds True titles
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website.
If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectation—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund or exchange—whichever you prefer.
For items manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Viniyoga Therapy for the Upper Back, Neck and Shoulders is based on Gary Kraftsow’s book Yoga for Wellness and the protocol he developed for a National Institutes of Health research study that demonstrated the effectiveness of yoga therapy for treatment of back pain. The DVD includes a presentation on back pain, in-depth instruction on safely practicing the postures, and three complete therapeutic practices. Designed for everyone—even if you've never practiced yoga before.
Viniyoga Therapy for the Upper Back, Neck and Shoulders includes:
- Presentation on understanding back pain and the application of yoga therapy
- Technique workshop on how to safely perform postures and movements
- Focused practice for upper back and neck therapy (22 minutes)
- Focused practice for neck and shoulder therapy (32 minutes)
- Integrated practice for sustained upper back strength and stability (40 minutes)
- English subtitle option for all material
- Bonus MP3s for portable practice
What Is Viniyoga?
Viniyoga honors the integrity of ancient yoga teachings while making them relevant and practical today. Gary Kraftsow formed this approach to yoga from the teachings of T.K.V. Desikachar and T. Krishnamacharya of Madras, India. Viniyoga is an ancient Sanskrit term that implies differentiation, adaptation, and appropriate application.
Viniyoga is a comprehensive approach to the teachings of yoga, including asana, pranayama, bandha, sound, chanting, meditation, personal ritual, and study of texts. It adapts the various means and methods of practice to the unique condition, needs, and interests of each individual, giving each practitioner the tools to individualize the process of self-discovery and personal transformation.
Yoga therapy, derived from the yoga tradition of Patanjali and the Ayurvedic system of health, is an adaptation and application of yoga techniques and practices to help individuals facing health challenges at any level manage their condition. Yoga therapy treats the whole person, seeking to change attitudes and actions that inhibit the natural healing process and to cultivate attitudes and actions that support it. The general long-term goals of yoga therapy include:
- Reducing the symptoms of suffering that can be reduced
- Managing symptoms that cannot be reduced
- Rooting out causes wherever possible
- Improving life function
- Shifting attitude and perspective in relationship to life's challenges
Write Your Own Review