100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
Do you feel stuck in old habits that no longer serve you? Have you been struggling to make a change that you know will bring greater health and happiness into your life? In Choose to Change, Dr. Kelly McGonigal presents a six-session course on the process of intentional change, blending lecture, experiential exercises, guided meditations, and more.
- Design a transformation vision for your life
- Choose a personal focus and implement strategies to make a change
- Identify your core values and make specific commitments
- Utilize science-help strategies to train the mind away from default states and negativity
- Participate in experiential exercises and guided meditations
What You Will Receive
- Six hours of audio sessions, yours to download and keep
- Recommended exercises to support your training
- Six guided meditations with Dr. Kelly McGonigal
Six Sessions of Practical Guidance
Drawing from her popular courses at Stanford University, Dr. McGonigal presents six sessions designed to help you reach your specific goal. Whether it’s changing a habit, cultivating a particular strength, creating health, or transforming a stressful pattern in your life, find support in choosing a personal focus and implementing the strategies for making that change.
Each session blends lecture, experiential exercises, and easy-to-follow guided meditations with the author. In addition, you’ll receive real-world homework assignments and self-reflection practices.
Mindful Awareness and Self-Compassion for Change
For so many of us, even the idea of change can be overwhelming. We fear that true change is impossible; we give up too easily in the face of obstacles; we focus on the wrong things and try to control the uncontrollable; or we might even think that we can’t be happy until we accomplish the change we most want.
With Choose to Change, discover how to create a new and healthy relationship to change through a compassionate, mindful approach seen throughout the world’s wisdom traditions—and being verified today in the emerging fields of neuroscience and evolutionary psychology. Learn more about:
- Cultivating a transformational vision for your life
- How to mindfully engage with your new choices
- Identifying your core values and making specific commitments
- How to move from self-criticism to self-compassion
- The dance of change and acceptance
- How to direct the ongoing flow of change
The Unfolding Process of Personal Transformation
From behaviors to beliefs big and small, everyone has something they’d like to change about themselves. Choose to Change brings you clinically supported methods—what Dr. McGonigal calls her favorite science-help strategies—for training the mind away from default states and negativity that no longer serve us and establishing behaviors and attitudes aligned with our highest values and aspirations. Join her in this empowering program for reflecting inner change in the outer world and embracing the unfolding process of personal transformation.
|Contents||online learning version is no longer available for purchase.|
|Contents||1 Audio Download (7 hours, 44 minutes)|
|Filetypes||MP3, ZIP, WAV, JPG|