Create a New Relationship with Your Emotions for Insight and Healing
Your emotions contain brilliant information. When you learn to welcome them as your allies, they can reveal creative solutions to any situation. For 35 years, empathic counselor and researcher Karla McLaren has developed a set of practical tools for the real-world stresses of family, career, and the quest for personal fulfillment. On The Language of Emotions, she presents her breakthrough teachings for a new and empowering relationship with your feeling states.
How to Harness the Energy of Your Emotions
Your emotions, especially the dark and dishonored ones, hold a tremendous amount of energy. We've all seen what happens when we repress or blindly express them. However, there is a powerful alternative.
On The Language of Emotions, you'll learn to meet your emotions and engage with them to safely move toward resolution and equilibrium. Through experiential exercises covering a full spectrum of feelings from anger, fear, and shame to jealousy, grief, joy, and more, you will discover how to work with your own and others' emotions with fluency and expertise.
Your Direct Link to Inner Wisdom
When we relate to our emotions with respect and authenticity, we can directly access our innermost wisdom, unfold the deepest parts of ourselves, and heal our most painful wounds. The Language of Emotions gives us a much-needed resource for self-understanding and freedom.
Karla McLaren is an award-winning author and pioneering educator who has specialized in the study of emotions as an integrated system for more than 35 years. She is the author of five books and six audio courses on self-healing.
- Hours of practical insights and guided exercises for partnering with your emotions for wisdom and healing
- How to overcome addictions, distractions, and unresolved trauma, the three primary impediments to emotional ease
- Using the energy of anger to protect and restore personal boundaries
- Step-by-step guidance in the five skills of the empath (someone skilled in reading emotions)
- How to balance your "quaternity," a metaphor for the interplay of mind, body, spirit, and emotions
- Honoring sadness as a source of release and rejuvenation
- Joy, the natural response to beauty and communion