100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for U.S. customers only.
The Buddha Meets Neurobiology in the Science of Heightened Awareness
Mindful awareness creates scientifically recognized enhancements in our mental functions and interpersonal relationships. But how can we integrate this information into our personal or professional lives?
In the Mindfulness and the Brain audio learning course, Jack Kornfield, PhD, and Daniel Siegel, MD, offer theoretical and experiential teachings on the power of inner transformation and the cultivation of a wise and loving heart.
Whether you’re a therapist, healer, educator, parent, meditation practitioner—or anyone interested in developing a healthy mind—this training offers a practical exploration of what it means for our world and us to be able to nurture and sustain heightened awareness
- Summarize basic concepts of neurobiology and neuroplasticity
- Explain the difference between the concept of mind and the brain
- Summarize the Buddhist model of mental health
- Compare awareness with mental activity
- Discuss how mindfulness practices can change the brain
- Practice mindfulness meditation exercises
- Evaluate the practical relevance of these insights on the individual and on the world as a whole
An Integration of Head and Heart
In this training, you’ll discover how mindful practice helps reduce suffering and promote resilience; the “resonance circuit” that enables an individual to attune to oneself and others; and how intrapersonal attunement can catalyze mental, interpersonal, and psychological well-being. /p>
From scientific findings and down-to-earth Buddhist perspectives to memorable anecdotes and real-life stories that illustrate key concepts, Mindfulness and the Brain invites you to discover a more integrated and connected way of knowing and developing a wise and loving heart.
- Clinical findings on the transformative power of interpersonal neurobiology
- The structure of the mind and how understanding consciousness can lead to freedom
- Neural integration and how it helps create more balanced lives
- How to incorporate compassion and forgiveness into our personal and professional life
- More than six hours of essential teachings and tools for cultivating healthy change in ourselves and others
|Contents||6 CE credits|