Discover your body’s neural pathways to calmness, safety, and connection.
An intense conversation, a spat with a partner, or even an obnoxious tweet—these situations aren’t life-or-death, yet we often react as if they are. That’s because our bodies treat most perceived threats the same way. Yet one approach has proven to be incredibly effective in training our nervous system to stop overreacting and start responding to the world with greater safety and ease: Polyvagal Theory.
In Anchored, expert teacher Deb Dana shares a down-to-earth presentation of Polyvagal Theory, then brings the science to life with practical, everyday ways to transform your relationship with your body. Using field-tested techniques, Dana helps you master the skills to become more aware of your nervous system moment to moment—and change the way you respond to the great and small challenges of life.
Here, you’ll explore:
- Polyvagal Theory—get to know the biology and function of your vagus nerve, the highway of the nervous system
- Befriending Your Nervous System—attune to what’s going on in your body by developing your “neuroception”
- Using Your Vagal Brake—discover key techniques to consciously regulate the intensity of your emotions
- Connection and Protection—learn to recognize and influence your internal cues for safety and danger
- Your Social Engagement System—find ways to create nourishing relationships with others and the world around you
- Practices and guidance to gently shape your nervous system for greater resilience, intuition, safety, and wonder
|Contents||Paperback Book (208 pages)||eBook (208 pages)|
|Filetypes||EPUB, PDF, EPUB|
|Dimensions||6 x 9 inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.