100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
Discover a Revolutionary Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Discuss the discovery, development, innovative technique, and application of Brainspotting as a brain-based method for healing trauma and expanding performance, and creativity
- Discuss and demonstrate Brainspotting through experiential sessions with questions and answers focusing on the healing of trauma
- Discuss and demonstrate the benefits of Brainspotting with a focus on Sports Performance and the healing of profound, cumulative sports traumas that interfere with an athlete's performance
- Discuss and demonstrate Brainspotting as a technique to unleash and expand creativity in artists
- Practice a short session of Brainspotting, in order to highlight the immediate and tangible effects of the technique
The next evolution in brain-based therapy is here. With a technique he calls Brainspotting, Dr. David Grand has discovered way to combine talk therapy's ability to help us understand our own psyche with brain-based therapy's extraordinary power for catalyzing rapid healing. With Brainspotting, this pioneering therapist offers a four-session, self-paced course on this revolutionary method for harnessing the brain's own self-scanning system to help us locate and resolve old trauma, overcome obstacles to physical performance, and unleash our full creativity.
What You Will Receive:
- Four Video Learning Sessions
Four downloadable video sessions of insights and practices using Brainspotting in any therapeutic environment to help bring about rapid and effective change. Includes a pre-recorded Q&A session.
- FREE E-Book: Brainspotting
Enjoy a free copy of Dr. Grand's new book, Brainspotting, to learn more about the origin and use of this revolutionary therapy.
- Complete Downloads of All Course Materials
The entire program of Brainspotting is yours to keep and return to at any time.
"Where You Look Affects How You Feel"—The Foundational Insight of Brainspotting
At the heart of the Brainspotting method is the realization that where we look directly relates to what's going on in our brain.
Dr. Grand discovered this technique during a remarkable treatment session with a top-level figure skater. After observing his client's eyes reacting at a certain spot in her visual field when she spoke of her difficulty executing a particular jump, he asked her to focus on that one spot while processing her feelings. To his astonishment, the skater suddenly unearthed and worked through traumas that she'd never spoken of in her therapy—and since that day, she has been able to perform her jump flawlessly.
Expanding on that insight over the next decade, Dr. Grand has learned that the eyes have an intimate and precise relationship with the brain that works in both directions. He's found that when our eyes scan the visual field for information in our environment, they are simultaneously scanning the brain for our thoughts, feelings, ideas, and even the location of repressed memories and emotions.
In short: by carefully observing where a client's eyes focus, a therapist can gain a direct insight into what's going for that person at the neurological level—and use that insight to accelerate healing.
Learn About Brainspotting from the Founder of the Method
Since his discovery of Brainspotting, Dr. David Grand has refined and taught the method, using it with great success to benefit athletes, artists, business leaders, and survivors of traumas such as 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, and active combat. The method is currently being taught and used in North and South America, Europe, and the Middle East—and is rapidly becoming recognized as a powerful synthesis of brain-based and traditional therapy.
In this online training course, you learn about many applications of Brainspotting directly from the founder of the method. Using an engaging combination of lecture, book-based insights, and demonstrations with members from a live audience, Dr. Grand will reveal the potential of Brainspotting to serve as a powerful supportive tool for almost any form of therapy.
Designed for therapists, their clients, and anyone interested in learning about this new therapeutic approach, the workshop begins with an overview of the practice and history of Brainspotting. Dr. Grand then turns our focus on how the method can be applied to mental health issues, especially trauma. He then presents the applications of Brainspotting to sports and creative performance, including demonstrations of Brainspotting-based coaching with an actor and an athlete.
"In the 10 years since we began using Brainspotting," Dr. Grand says, "we've come a long way in understanding how we can use our brain's natural scanning system to promote healing. I believe we've just scratched the surface of what's possible as we develop this method in new ways." With Brainspotting, you are invited to join this innovative therapist to learn how this powerful approach can enhance any system of therapy or psychological self-care to help spark rapid, effective healing and change.
- Receive a free copy of the e-book of Brainspotting by Dr. David Grand
- What is Brainspotting? An overview of how it works and its most effective applications
- The three modes of Brainspotting—Outside Window, Inside Window, and Gazespotting
- The neurobiology of Brainspotting—how this method allows the therapist and client to directly harness neuroplasticity
- Healing trauma—how Brainspotting can point us directly towards unresolved trauma to trigger profound healing
- Creativity and performance—using Brainspotting to release mental blocks, draw on inner resources, and maximize our physical and creative potential
- Deepening your attunement with clients—how Brainspotting helps you create a safe and trustworthy therapeutic environment
- Effective tips for therapists—guidance for using sound, the pointer tool, and your own intuition
- Demonstrations—recorded before a live audience, these treatment sessions with a trauma survivor, professional athlete, and actor show the immediate benefit of Brainspotting
- Video Q&A session with Dr. David Grand
|Contents||One live video session ( 1 hour, 15 minutes); Video downloads|