100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
A Six-Session Training Course for Transforming Your Relationship with Yourself
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Define self-compassion as a practice to increase happiness, optimism, and curiosity in our lives, while decreasing anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Discuss how self-compassion motivates with love—providing clear vision and nurturance needed to reach our full potential.
- Discuss how to turn toward our emotions with curiosity, openness, and non-judgement to counter the Default Mode Network.
- Define empathy, self-esteem, loving kindness, and equanimity as related to compassion for ourselves, our loved ones, and all beings.
- Practice and utilize guided meditations and experiential exercises in mindfulness meditation, loving kindness, interconnectedness, and working with difficult emotions as a way to embrace our lives and cultivate kindness toward ourselves.
Why does it feel so natural to be compassionate and kind to those we care about—yet so hard to treat ourselves the same way? "Our culture teaches us to use self-criticism for motivation and to build self-esteem by constantly measuring ourselves against everyone else," says Dr. Kristin Neff. "We need to re-learn the essential skill of being genuinely nurturing and supportive toward ourselves." With Self-Compassion Step by Step, this groundbreaking researcher reveals the clinically proven power of self-kindness, with practical training for cultivating an enduring and unshakable sense of your fundamental human worthiness.
Self-Compassion: The Mainstay of Happiness and Well-Being
Over the past decade, an overwhelming body of research has shown self-compassion to be a master key to good psychological and physical health. Whether you wish to reduce stress, develop healthy habits for exercise or diet, unlock your creativity, or even deal with serious conditions such as depression or addiction, a strong sense of self-compassion is an essential ingredient for success. Best of all, self-compassion is a skill that can be learned. Through six sessions of teaching, Dr. Neff offers guided meditations, experiential practices, and on-the-spot techniques to help you build a strong foundation of self-compassion in your daily life.
"We often become our own worst critic because we believe it's necessary to keep ourselves motivated," says Dr. Neff, "but in fact the research shows that healthy self-compassion increases our inner drive, our resilience to setbacks, and our ability to excel at work and in every aspect of life." With Self-Compassion Step by Step, she presents a powerful training course that is both accessible and profoundly transformative—a practical approach for creating a life of greater happiness, fulfillment, and love.
- Self-kindness—how actively comforting ourselves activates our physiological systems designed for soothing and safety
- Common humanity-recognizing the imperfect nature of the shared human experience
- Mindfulness—meeting our moments of suffering with balanced awareness rather than ignoring or exaggerating our pain
- Why we resist self-compassion—debunking the common myths
- The clinically-proven benefits of self-compassion in numerous aspects of life
- The essential difference between competitive self-esteem and true self-compassion
- The natural progression of self-compassion practice
- Guided techniques that use visualization, touch, language, and awareness to evoke states of self-compassion, and much more
|Contents||6.5 CE Credits|