Get this product for free! Learn More »
The transformational power inherent in the simple act of breathing is truly remarkable. With Breathing Meditations, join seven Sounds True authors for a series of simple guided practices that can open you to the many benefits of breathwork-from a deeper sense of presence and serenity in the moment, to revitalized health and ease of being, to creative insight and higher perspective, and more.
- "Breathing Meditation" by Jack Kornfield from Meditation for Beginners Learn the art of following the breath, a foundational skill for all meditators, with Jack Kornfield, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society.
- "The Relaxing Breath" by Andrew Weil, MD from Breathing: The Master Key to Self-Healing Dr. Andrew Weil gives us a potent practice for activating the body's relaxation response and returning to balance after stressful situations.
- "Breath Meditation" by Sharon Salzberg from Guided Meditations for Love and Wisdom A mindful breathing practice that helps us open the heart and experience compassion for ourselves and others.
- "Soft Belly" by James Gordon, MD from Freedom from Depression Harvard-educated psychiatrist Dr. James Gordon presents a guided exercise for liberating stuck energy in the body.
- "Observing the Breath" by Shinzen Young from Meditation: A Beginner's Guide An introductory meditation inviting us to discover what can happen through full and complete attention to the breath.
- "The Power Breath" by Mark Thornton from Meditation in a New York Minute Executive meditation coach Mark Thornton teaches us a stress-reducing practice that both relaxes and reenergizes the body.
- "Meditation on the Breath" by Sally Kempton from Beginning Meditation A guided meditation in which our breath becomes the doorway to the depths of the self.