Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Describe three mechanisms of neuroplasticity
- Describe the reproductive advantages of social adaptations in hunter-gatherer bands
- Teach clients the three steps of internalizing positive experiences
- Teach clients five methods for stabilizing the neural substrate of mindful awareness
In the last few years, modern neuroscience has linked with ancient contemplative traditions to produce an unprecedented understanding of how your brain works—and what you can do to change your brain for the better.
With Awaken Your Brain, Dr. Rick Hanson invites you on a six-part journey to learn how to activate and strengthen the neural circuits that promote confidence, positive moods, resilience, loving-kindness, and inner peace.
Biologically, we have a “caveman brain” evolved for survival in a harsh, prehistoric world. To be happy and peaceful in modern life, we must teach the brain new ways of being—to break free of instinctual reactions that drive greed, aggression, and separation, and to center increasingly in contentment, caring, and insight.
Grounded in science, here are practical tools you can use in your daily life to “dial down” the circuits of stress, anger, and unhappiness—and build up the neural foundation of well-being, personal growth, and spiritual development.
Join Dr. Hanson for an in-depth exploration of:
- The Promise of Self-Directed Neuroplasticity—How to rewire your own brain from the inside out
- Taking in the Good—Defeating the brain’s innate negativity bias by weaving positive experiences into your brain and self
- From Reactivity to Inner Peace—Practices to disarm the fight-or-flight reflex, “stress-proof” your brain, and heal painful or traumatic experiences
- Steadying the Mind—How to strengthen the neural circuits of mindfulness for better attention and concentration, and deeper meditation, prayer, or yoga
- The Wolves of Love and Hate—Techniques to build empathy, dissolve anger, integrate compassion and assertiveness, and ride the roller-coaster of romance more gracefully
- The Enlightened Brain—How to transform the three fundamental motivational systems of your brain—Approach, Avoid, and Attach—so they are naturally grounded in fulfillment, inner strength, and love
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
|5 star :||
|( 1 )|
Review for Awaken Your Brain Review by Christine P
Excellent Product with great practices that I have found extremely useful and life transforming. I find more information each time I listen. (Posted on September 12, 2012)
|Contents||6 Audio downloads (9 hours)|
|Date Published||October 05, 2010|
|Contents||9 CE credits|
|Date Published||July 09, 2010|