Discover the Freedom and Fullness of Spirit Unfolding Today
If the Buddha, Saint Teresa, or an enlightened shaman walked into the room today, would they find themselves in need of some serious spiritual catching up? The surprising answer, says Ken Wilber, is yes.
Integral evolutionary thinkers today are seeing a burst of accelerating shifts in human consciousness: in our emotional and cognitive lines of intelligence, our creative and moral capacities, our sense of self, and more. And as this landscape of knowledge grows, so does the potential of our own spiritual lives—in ways that even meditation and other inward practices alone cannot provide.
What is the evidence for this upward spiral in our spiritual intelligence? And if it's true, how do we experience these shifts directly, within ourselves? The Future of Spirituality explores these emerging possibilities to help you discover their profound influences in your own life and in the world around you.
"The enlightened persons of today and of 2,000 years ago are equally free," says Wilber. But now, for the first time in human history, we have the potential for a far more expansive, fuller spiritual experience than ever before possible. This is the territory that you are invited to explore, with The Future of Spirituality.
- "Spirit wants to evolve"—the core of the integral vision
- Emptiness and the evolutionary unfolding of form
- How science and Western psychology are transforming spirituality
- On freedom and fullness
- Waking up and growing up, two distinct and essential processes
- If the Divine is formless and infinite, who needs levels and hierarchies?
- On reincarnation and life after death
- The shape of things to come—emerging stages of consciousness ahead