Profound empathy. Clear insight. A gift for healing. These are just some of the talents of the “spiritually sensitive” person—yet these apparent blessings can often become a source of loneliness, self-doubt, and limitation. Belonging Here is a lifesaving book that shows how our spiritual gifts become entryways into both the depths of human connection and our innermost selves.
Written by one spiritual sensitive for another, Belonging Here draws from Dr. Blackstone's personal story as well as her 30-year psychotherapy practice, which has focused on teaching clients how to integrate personal healing and spiritual awakening through an embodied approach she calls the Realization Process. Join this pioneering teacher to explore five of the most common challenges of the spiritually sensitive, along with exercises and meditations for living mindfully and compassionately with each, including:
- Thin Skin—how to create strong but permeable boundaries between ourselves and the external environment
- Landing on Earth—staying grounded within the whole of one's body by mending inner fragmentation
- Hearing the Cries of the World—how to open to our own joy even as we respond to the suffering in the world around us
- Shape Shifters—removing the protective masks of the false personality
- The Stranger—how to make the return from self-exile to self-acceptance
You can live authentically in a world that once seemed alien. You can find happiness and acceptance where isolation and confusion have reigned. You can come home at last, with Belonging Here.