Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Recognize relationship as an emotional healer; identify triggers, move through them, and come back into ease and aliveness.
- Discover how intimacy in relationship requires curiosity, wonder, and the ability to find the truth of one's experience deep in one's body.
- Discuss how to speak the "unarguable truth"; utilizing the eight step moving emotions process—moving from stuckness into emotional flow.
- Define three toxic habits within relationships and their antidotes—transforming our own behavior, as well as those around us through positive attention.
- Summarize how to move out of power struggles within relationships and into agreements which allow everyone to get everything they want.
- Discuss how to live within the relationship you really want moving between contractiona and expansiveness—welcoming appreciations, creativity, play, aliveness, as well as love for self and other.
- Utilize checklists, tools, and journaling exercises as a way to engage, reflect and explore relationship skills and self-growth.
What are the ingredients of a successful and enduring relationship? Love, passion, and commitment are all vital—yet without certain basic skills, even the most devoted partners can find themselves descending into arguments, power struggles, and disillusionment. With The Relationship Skills Workbook, Dr. Julia Colwell presents a practical guide for building a conscious partnership based on cooperation and trust—offering relationship-saving techniques and on-the-spot conflict resolution tools for disarming the explosive clashes that most commonly break couples apart.
In this friendly and easy-to-use resource, Dr. Colwell teaches you essential tools for:
- Crisis and conflict first aid—communication strategies and emotional mastery techniques to stop arguing and start connecting
- Getting unstuck from power struggles—how to shift from deadlock to mutual responsibility and support
- Ending the blame game—letting go of accusation and resentment to create win-win agreements
- Supporting each other's growth and success—how to retain your personal autonomy while fully committing to your partner's happiness
- Moving from reactivity to creative solutions—techniques to keep your brain's flight-or-fight instinct from undermining your heart's desires
- Sustaining love, passion, and romance—how you can choose to create a magnificent relationship together
"Relationships, while seemingly complicated, don't have to be so mysterious," Dr. Colwell says. "What I've learned from my decades of personal and professional experiences is that a few elegantly simple concepts and skills can help any couple through the most difficult spots—and help us transform conflict into intimacy, passion, and ever-deepening love."
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
|5 star :||
|( 6 )|
Best book ever Review by Sweet c
This book literally changed my life. Everyone should read this book. One year ago my life partner and I embarked on a new journey. We started a small business together! Exciting right? Well it has been the most challenging thing I've ever done. And all the therapy and meditations I was doing were not helping us get our cohesive relationship back. Until this book, I seriously thought we were doomed in every way. It changed the way I perceive my emotions and in turn can express myself more authentically. It installed a deep understanding and ability to communicate in us. As life partners and business partners. And it also changed my relationship with myself in tremendously positive ways. (Posted on February 3, 2017)
Extraordinary Resource. Review by DW
Julie Colwell's work has had a profound impact on my work as a family therapist. Her work has helped me and the families I work with to live and communicate without blame and move toward what we really want in life. This is a must read for all family therapist.
(Posted on September 15, 2015)
A lot more than relationship skills Review by Chris
Julia's book is easy to read, easy to follow, and has had a great impact on my relationship with my self AND on my relationships with a number of other people.
The approach is to understand how your own emotions work first, and then get buy in from your friend, so you both learn how to have better lives and to deal with each other's ups and downs.
Her clear strategies work very quickly. It is one of the most useful and practical 'self-help' books I have ever read. (Posted on November 19, 2014)
Review for The Relationship Skills Workbook Review by Linda Kallinger
An enthusiastic thumbs up for The Relationship Skills Workbook! My own relationship was in crisis when my partner and I started learning these highly effective tools from Dr. Julie Colwell, 12 years ago. How I would have loved to have walked out of her office then with this book under my arm. It is, effectively, a user's manual for real communication and understanding for couples and individuals. But more importantly, Julie's techniques make you realize that it is our relationship with others that allows us to find a deeper connection to our own selves. Now, when people ask me the secret of my 22 year relationship, I can hand them this book. (Posted on October 20, 2014)
Review for The Relationship Skills Workbook Review by Verna Wilder
I loved this book! I recommend it without reservation to anyone who wants to live with passion and creativity.
Julie lays out the techniques and supplies the tools for rich and conscious relationships—with a partner, a lover, a friend, a family member—or all by yourself. The Relationship Skills Workbook is called a D-I-Y for a reason: each section gives you the information you need to work through real-time exercises. The concepts are elegant and simple; the exercises are easy and fun to do; the results are life-changing.
The consciousness skills Julie teaches are about being alive and passionate in all of your relationships. This books shows us that there are alternatives to breaking up, that we can make choices that lead us back into the love and passion that brought us together in the first place. And she tells us how to get there, starting from where we are. (Posted on October 10, 2014)
Review for The Relationship Skills Workbook Review by Morgan Sontag, MS
“Can you recommend a good book?” I am asked this question at least twice if not more weekly and thus I was delighted to review Dr. Julia Colwell’s latest book, The Relationship Skills Workbook. I have recommended her first book, The Relationship Ride, a number of times, thus I was hopeful that this next one would be a keeper.
I was not disappointed. Practical and readable, weaving tidbits of social and neuroscience without sounding text-bookie, this workbook is warm, funny, revealing and easy to grasp. It is filled with provocative, yet simple exercises, which call for taking action, and not just sitting back, to read another how-to- fix-your-relationship book of “good” ideas. As a Hendricks-trained coach, I know the places where folks want examples and this book delivers. If you are looking for a resource which provides out-of –the box perspectives and the guidance to propel you into harmony in your relationships, this is the book for you! (Posted on October 6, 2014)
|Contents||Paperback book (201 pages)|
|Date Published||October 01, 2014|
|Dimensions||8 x 10 inches|
|Contents||1 eBook (201 pages)|
|Filetypes||EPUB, JPG, PDF, PRC|
|Date Published||October 01, 2014|
|Contents||7 CE credits|
|Date Published||October 01, 2014|