Brainwaves are the electromagnetic waves produced by activity in the brain. The frequency of these waves is measured in cycles per second, or hertz (Hz). Brain-mapping research shows that each of our states of consciousness is associated with a specific pattern of brainwave activity. Brainwaves fall into five classes: Beta (30–13 Hz) is associated with ordinary consciousness and focused awareness; alpha (13–8 Hz) with relaxation and meditative calm; theta (8–3.5 Hz) with creativity, insight, and meditation; gamma (30–85 Hz) with advanced meditation; and delta (3.5–0.5 Hz) with restful sleep.
Dr. Jeffrey Thompson has spent 25 years developing audio processes to help his patients enhance their well-being. His clinical research with thousands of patients and volunteers has led to groundbreaking discoveries in how sound frequency patterns built into musical soundtracks can entrain brainwaves and trigger numerous health benefits. Today, Fortune 500 companies, clinics, hospitals, meditation groups, wellness spas, and individuals worldwide use Dr. Thompson’s high-tech musical soundscapes for deep relaxation, healing, creativity, inner exploration, meditation, and more.
With Brainwave Music Essentials, you will experience six of Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's most powerful compositions for using brainwave entrainment to enter the state of consciousness you desire. Based on 25 years of clinical research, this special collection gives you twelve hours of music for six specific applications:
- Alpha Relaxation System—Two CDs to soothe your body, relax your mind, and enhance your health
- Awakened Mind System—Two CDs to heighten awareness, access intuition, and deepen meditation
- Creative Mind System—Two CDs for discovering your inner genius and unleashing artistic expression
- Delta Sleep System—Two CDs to help you fall asleep, stay asleep, and wake up rejuvenated
- Healing Mind System—Two CDs to tap into your own natural source of healing and renewal
- Theta Meditation System—Two CDs for relaxation, meditation, and emotional balance