Discover a Revolutionary Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Discuss the discovery, development, innovative technique, and application of Brainspotting as a brain-based method for healing trauma and expanding performance, and creativity
- Discuss and demonstrate Brainspotting through experiential sessions with questions and answers focusing on the healing of trauma
- Discuss and demonstrate the benefits of Brainspotting with a focus on Sports Performance and the healing of profound, cumulative sports traumas that interfere with an athlete's performance
- Discuss and demonstrate Brainspotting as a technique to unleash and expand creativity in artists
- Practice a short session of Brainspotting, in order to highlight the immediate and tangible effects of the technique
The next evolution in brain-based therapy is here. With a technique he calls Brainspotting, Dr. David Grand has discovered way to combine talk therapy's ability to help us understand our own psyche with brain-based therapy's extraordinary power for catalyzing rapid healing. With Brainspotting, this pioneering therapist offers a four-session, self-paced course on this revolutionary method for harnessing the brain's own self-scanning system to help us locate and resolve old trauma, overcome obstacles to physical performance, and unleash our full creativity.
What You Will Receive:
- Four Video Learning Sessions
- Four downloadable video sessions of insights and practices using Brainspotting in any therapeutic environment to help bring about rapid and effective change. Includes a pre-recorded Q&A session.
- Complete Downloads of All Course Materials
The entire program of Brainspotting is yours to keep and return to at any time.
"Where You Look Affects How You Feel"—The Foundational Insight of Brainspotting
At the heart of the Brainspotting method is the realization that where we look directly relates to what's going on in our brain.
Dr. Grand discovered this technique during a remarkable treatment session with a top-level figure skater. After observing his client's eyes reacting at a certain spot in her visual field when she spoke of her difficulty executing a particular jump, he asked her to focus on that one spot while processing her feelings. To his astonishment, the skater suddenly unearthed and worked through traumas that she'd never spoken of in her therapy—and since that day, she has been able to perform her jump flawlessly.
Expanding on that insight over the next decade, Dr. Grand has learned that the eyes have an intimate and precise relationship with the brain that works in both directions. He's found that when our eyes scan the visual field for information in our environment, they are simultaneously scanning the brain for our thoughts, feelings, ideas, and even the location of repressed memories and emotions.
In short: by carefully observing where a client's eyes focus, a therapist can gain a direct insight into what's going for that person at the neurological level—and use that insight to accelerate healing.
Learn About Brainspotting from the Founder of the Method
Since his discovery of Brainspotting, Dr. David Grand has refined and taught the method, using it with great success to benefit athletes, artists, business leaders, and survivors of traumas such as 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, and active combat. The method is currently being taught and used in North and South America, Europe, and the Middle East—and is rapidly becoming recognized as a powerful synthesis of brain-based and traditional therapy.
In this online training course, you learn about many applications of Brainspotting directly from the founder of the method. Using an engaging combination of lecture, book-based insights, and demonstrations with members from a live audience, Dr. Grand will reveal the potential of Brainspotting to serve as a powerful supportive tool for almost any form of therapy.
Designed for therapists, their clients, and anyone interested in learning about this new therapeutic approach, the workshop begins with an overview of the practice and history of Brainspotting. Dr. Grand then turns our focus on how the method can be applied to mental health issues, especially trauma. He then presents the applications of Brainspotting to sports and creative performance, including demonstrations of Brainspotting-based coaching with an actor and an athlete.
"In the 10 years since we began using Brainspotting," Dr. Grand says, "we've come a long way in understanding how we can use our brain's natural scanning system to promote healing. I believe we've just scratched the surface of what's possible as we develop this method in new ways." With Brainspotting, you are invited to join this innovative therapist to learn how this powerful approach can enhance any system of therapy or psychological self-care to help spark rapid, effective healing and change.
- Receive a free copy of the e-book of Brainspotting by Dr. David Grand
- What is Brainspotting? An overview of how it works and its most effective applications
- The three modes of Brainspotting—Outside Window, Inside Window, and Gazespotting
- The neurobiology of Brainspotting—how this method allows the therapist and client to directly harness neuroplasticity
- Healing trauma—how Brainspotting can point us directly towards unresolved trauma to trigger profound healing
- Creativity and performance—using Brainspotting to release mental blocks, draw on inner resources, and maximize our physical and creative potential
- Deepening your attunement with clients—how Brainspotting helps you create a safe and trustworthy therapeutic environment
- Effective tips for therapists—guidance for using sound, the pointer tool, and your own intuition
- Demonstrations—recorded before a live audience, these treatment sessions with a trauma survivor, professional athlete, and actor show the immediate benefit of Brainspotting
- Video Q&A session with Dr. David Grand
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
|5 star :||
|( 12 )|
|4 star :||
|( 2 )|
|1 star :||
|( 1 )|
Humility is so Grand Review by Kate
I took the on-line course after having Level I and II with Pie Fry. I thought it would be a concise review, but it was so much more. The demonstration with the sports trauma introduced so many new intuitive interventions. David's words touch my soul: "Integrate BSP with what you already know...the brain is integrative." "Relationship trumps technique."
I've heard some people complain that BSP does not have research behind it, like EMDR. To research a treatment method, you have to have a protocol. BSP is protocol-light, (unlike EMDR and CBT). I wonder why therapists don't trust their own results and why they need research proof. (Posted on March 18, 2015)
great technique and view of human beings Review by Rafael
The course is really easy to follow, the techniques presented make sense and are effective ( after doing the course I went back to therapy with psychologisy who uses brainspotting)
David Grand shows profund respect to people and is humble therefore
intelligent and open to everyhting that can come up using brainspotting. (Posted on November 27, 2014)
Review for Brainspotting Review by Hochima T
This introduction was just what I was looking for. I had started reading the book, but had a bit of trouble visualizing some of the moves. Or if listening to the alternating ears music how that related to the brainspot. Now I have a visual and know. Still more to learn on this, but this was a very good introduction. (Posted on October 22, 2014)
Review for Brainspotting Review by Bénédicte L
Really interesting material, program easy to use. (Posted on August 24, 2014)
Review for Brainspotting Review by lyndel m
Yes, it was a great taste of David's wonderful new trauma technique. For the cost of this online course, I thought it was good value for money. I do want to now read his book and become more proficient in the use of this powerful technique.
Lyndel Maroske (Posted on July 9, 2014)
Review for Brainspotting Review by ruth k
I returned the program because I found some brainspotting work close to where I live but I want you to know that I was thoroughly pleased with the way my return was handled. All orders I have done through Sounds True has always been topnotch and I so appreciate working with this company. Ruth Kreibich (Posted on June 28, 2014)
Review for Brainspotting Review by Dr J B S
I am constantly looking for more effective ways to treat trauma. I have already used the information from these videos to apply the principles of brainspotting and have found it to be a very helpful tool in the arsenal against trauma. (Posted on June 24, 2014)
Review for Brainspotting Review by D G
Nice blend of lecture and demonstration (Posted on March 24, 2014)
Review for Brainspotting Review by Herb C
This was an amazing offer. I have now used Brainspotting and I am ready for deeper level training because the results are realy significant. There should be a disclaimer or warning that doing Brainspotting with trauma survivors requires a practitioner who is trained to handle and work with such emotionally raw and fragile individuals. Brainspotting opens material that could be dangerous if the recipoient is not proerly prepared. these trainings does not provide training in either trauma or preparation which should be a prerequisite for ethical application. I love David Grand , he is a wonderful teacher and a genius. (Posted on February 13, 2014)
Review for Brainspotting Review by Annabelle G
Good program would like more demonstrations and advanced training on line with credits (Posted on January 19, 2014)
Self-Guided Video Course
|Contents||Video downloads; eBook (167 pages)|
|Date Published||May 06, 2013|
|Contents||4.5 CE credits|
|Date Published||May 06, 2013|