A Six-Session Training Course for Transforming Your Relationship with Yourself
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Define self-compassion as a practice to increase happiness, optimism, and curiosity in our lives, while decreasing anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Discuss how self-compassion motivates with love—providing clear vision and nurturance needed to reach our full potential.
- Discuss how to turn toward our emotions with curiosity, openness, and non-judgement to counter the Default Mode Network.
- Define empathy, self-esteem, loving kindness, and equanimity as related to compassion for ourselves, our loved ones, and all beings.
- Practice and utilize guided meditations and experiential exercises in mindfulness meditation, loving kindness, interconnectedness, and working with difficult emotions as a way to embrace our lives and cultivate kindness toward ourselves.
Why does it feel so natural to be compassionate and kind to those we care about—yet so hard to treat ourselves the same way? "Our culture teaches us to use self-criticism for motivation and to build self-esteem by constantly measuring ourselves against everyone else," says Dr. Kristin Neff. "We need to re-learn the essential skill of being genuinely nurturing and supportive toward ourselves." With Self-Compassion Step by Step, this groundbreaking researcher reveals the clinically proven power of self-kindness, with practical training for cultivating an enduring and unshakable sense of your fundamental human worthiness.
Self-Compassion: The Mainstay of Happiness and Well-Being
Over the past decade, an overwhelming body of research has shown self-compassion to be a master key to good psychological and physical health. Whether you wish to reduce stress, develop healthy habits for exercise or diet, unlock your creativity, or even deal with serious conditions such as depression or addiction, a strong sense of self-compassion is an essential ingredient for success. Best of all, self-compassion is a skill that can be learned. Through six sessions of teaching, Dr. Neff offers guided meditations, experiential practices, and on-the-spot techniques to help you build a strong foundation of self-compassion in your daily life.
"We often become our own worst critic because we believe it's necessary to keep ourselves motivated," says Dr. Neff, "but in fact the research shows that healthy self-compassion increases our inner drive, our resilience to setbacks, and our ability to excel at work and in every aspect of life." With Self-Compassion Step by Step, she presents a powerful training course that is both accessible and profoundly transformative—a practical approach for creating a life of greater happiness, fulfillment, and love.
- Self-kindness—how actively comforting ourselves activates our physiological systems designed for soothing and safety
- Common humanity-recognizing the imperfect nature of the shared human experience
- Mindfulness—meeting our moments of suffering with balanced awareness rather than ignoring or exaggerating our pain
- Why we resist self-compassion—debunking the common myths
- The clinically-proven benefits of self-compassion in numerous aspects of life
- The essential difference between competitive self-esteem and true self-compassion
- The natural progression of self-compassion practice
- Guided techniques that use visualization, touch, language, and awareness to evoke states of self-compassion, and much more
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
|5 star :||
|( 19 )|
|4 star :||
|( 3 )|
|3 star :||
|( 2 )|
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Iain
I'm about half-way through and have found the programme to be really insightful and supportive so far. I especially enjoy the emphasis on the actual practice of self-compassion and mindfulness, alongside the discussion pieces on why we struggle and the evidence base underpinning it all. I would be surprised if even the most self-compassionate of people didn't take something from taking the time to listen to this. Well worth it! (Posted on October 6, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by GAIL
Highly recommend this to others. (Posted on August 23, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Olga Bloch
I love this audiobook! It helped me to learn how to be more patient and kind with myself. The way I related to family and friends and I am a much better parent as well. I am so grateful for this information. (Posted on August 16, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Amanda
I loved everything about this programme and have recommended it to many of my clients. (I am a counsellor). I have been looking for something to support my development of self compassion and feel I have found something very useful. Each day I pick something I feel I need as soon as I wake up. I also liked how Kristen puts well timed pauses into her meditations giving time to feel and consider the meditations in the body. Thankyou Kristen for your wonderful work on what I consider very important for self development especially considering what's happening in the world today! Blessings to you! Amanda (Posted on August 11, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Terri Mudge
Great, very nurturing and healing words. This is a wonderful program. (Posted on July 9, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Cindy W
Very good tape, with some narrative and also examples of meditations and contemplative exercises. Appreciate that this author did a tape on this subject, esp. since I "got it" immediately what she was talking about regarding the difference between self-esteem and self-compassion. (Posted on July 8, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Anthony B
Good program. The most convincing part is Kristin Neff's own story. She has a tragedy to deal with and needed (and still needs) an effective way to deal with it. Very helpful program. (Posted on July 7, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Yvonne R
Deceptively simple and life affecting. Kristen's guided exercises are great! Lovely program. (Posted on June 25, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Kate D
Very thorough grounding in self-compassion.Loved Kristin's insightful explanations, calm , soothing voice and her guided practices. (Posted on June 25, 2014)
Review for Self-Compassion Step by Step Review by Anne P
So much good information. (Posted on June 6, 2014)
|Contents||Audio download (6 hours, 34 minutes)|
|Filetypes||M4B, MP3, PDF, ZIP|
|Date Published||May 01, 2013|
|Contents||6 CDs (6 hours, 34 minutes)|
|Date Published||May 01, 2013|
|Dimensions||5 x 5 inches|
|Contents||6.5 CE credits|
|Date Published||May 01, 2013|