“Be still and know that I am God.”
Centering Prayer is a silent prayer practice that can move you toward profound relationship with the Spirit of God within. It is a way of praying that opens the door to the Divine Indwelling—the ground of our being. With Centering Prayer, Father Thomas Keating and his colleagues Gail Fitzpatrick-Hopler and Father Carl Arico present the first in-depth home study course in this method for deepening your intimacy with God, and ultimately consenting to the presence and action of the Divine in all aspects of your life.
A Prayer Practice Inspired by the Christian Mystics
Father Thomas Keating, answering a life calling, sought to renew a prayer practice that goes beyond asking for aid or offering praise—one that invites you to enter into a deeper relationship with God. Based on the wisdom sayings of Jesus and inspired by teachings from the classic 14th-century text The Cloud of Unknowing, Saint John of the Cross, Teresa of Avila, Thomas Merton, and others, Centering Prayer is a method of four guidelines that has sparked the modern renewal of contemplative Christianity. “Centering Prayer does not replace other types of prayer,” teaches Keating. “Rather, the practice gives a new depth of meaning to all forms of prayer.”
Training from a Respected Voice in the Revival of Contemplative Christianity
Centering Prayer is a unique multi-format program that provides precise, direct training in contemplative practice—as well as a treasury of wisdom from Father Keating himself. His teachings, stories, and insights reveal the fruits of fully engaging in this path of complete consent to God’s presence and action within. Join him as you learn this simple yet transformative method for taking prayer to its deepest level—and inviting the grace of the Divine to live through you.
Now also available as a Sounds True online course.
- The four guidelines of the Centering Prayer practice, with in-depth instruction on each movement
- Your sacred word—symbolizing your intention for your practice
- From conversation with Christ to communion—prayer as a path to relationship with the Divine
- The Divine Indwelling—entering into a relationship where the illusion of separation from God dissolves
- Exploring interfaith dialogue—valuable lessons for Christians from world religions and science
- Thomas Keating’s priceless wisdom attained from a lifetime on the contemplative path
- Six DVDs, 2 audio CDs, 25 prayer cards, and a 91-page workbook of Centering Prayer training and wisdom from Father Thomas Keating, Gail Fitzpatrick-Hopler, and Fr. Carl Arico
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
Home Study Course
|Contents||6 DVDs (7 hours, 36 minutes); 2 CDs (1 hour, 45 minutes); 1 Study guide (91 pages)|
|Date Published||September 11, 2009|
|Dimensions||5 x 5 inches|