When mindfulness meditation was introduced as an aid for patients suffering from chronic pain, physicians were skeptical. Today, mindfulness meditation is used in hundreds of hospitals and clinics across the country.
On Break Through Difficult Emotions, meditation mentor Shinzen Young adapts the core principles of mindfulness training to the treatment of emotional suffering. You will learn powerful meditations for overcoming anger, grief, anxiety, shame, and the many other painful emotions we all experience.
Four step-by-step exercises cover how to:
- Deconstruct any emotion into its harmless components
- The location, shape, and flow of your emotions
- Melt frozen emotions into their natural, fluid state
- Untangle emotional confusion by watching your thoughts
- Transform negative emotions into positive ones, and much more