Inside an award-winning dojo in Boulder, Colorado, a remarkable transformation is taking place. Women are learning a system for self-protection that was created by a woman for other women. And though the workout pace is intense, they radiate power and calm from within their bodies, where all true warriorship begins.
On The Woman's Warrior Workout, you will learn to train your body and your mind from the inside out, for maximum self-confidence in any situation. Teacher Melanie Murphy—named Instructor of the Year four times by the National Karate Association—shares with you the mental and physical building blocks of her Street Wize™ self-defense curriculum for women.
Here is Melanie Murphy's no-nonsense response to the fact that 46% of all women will face an assault sometime in their lives. No matter your size or your athletic ability, here is an intense, concentrated conditioning program for mental, physical, and spiritual preparedness. You will learn the secret for making yourself an undesirable target for potential attackers; how to spot trouble before it starts; and mental techniques to prepare yourself for instant action.
Challenge yourself to practice this program for prevention and preparedness three times a week. Soon you will learn to walk with serenity and strength, protected by the weapon of knowledge that comes from The Woman's Warrior Workout.
Learn more about:
- A complete 35-minute workout to create a powerful Warrior Body
- Zanchen: your inner weapon for presence of mind
- Upper-body strength: why it is crucial, and how to build it up
- Simple steps for self-protection—without moving a muscle
- Tenacity and willpower: how to cultivate them
- Exercises that build strength, endurance, and self-reliance—all at the same time
- The same philosophy and conditioning program taught in the Street Wize™ system of self-defense