An Unprecedented Training Course on the Pinnacle Teachings of Tibetan Buddhism
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Discuss the practice of Mahamudra, or "the great revelation," as a modern path of awakening to the boundless freedom that is our fundamental nature, and as it is is revered in Tibetan Buddhism as the most direct route to seeing the world in all its transcendent beauty, power, and perfection.
- Practice the 12 points of the Mahamudra posture and the “Mahamudra entry protocol” – a series of guided practices that enable us to quickly enter into direct, non-conceptual experience.
- Practice vipashyana meditations that take you on a progressive path of inquiry into the nature of awareness itself.
- Practice many body-based shamatha meditations to still the mind and set the foundation for exploring the immeasurable expanse of being.
- Summarize and experience innovative teachings on dismantling the klesas (difficult emotions) through heightening our experience of them.
- Practice and receive the ground Mahamudra Transmission: A turning point on the path in which we are directly introduced to the awakened state.
- Practice with guided instruction in three Mahamudra enhancing practices: “Exploring the Unborn Light,” “Yin Breathing,” and “Exploring the Chakras”
- Discuss markers on the path of becoming a true person—a unique, unprecedented, unfolding process.
What if you could learn the ultimate teachings of Tibetan Buddhism as they were meant to be received—guided every step of the way by an experienced master? This practice, known as Mahamudra or “The Great Revelation,” was once taught only to elite students in secluded monasteries and cloisters. Now renowned teacher Dr. Reginald Ray has created an unprecedented audio learning course to make this profoundly transformative path available to listeners everywhere with Mahamudra for the Modern World. Spanning 33 CDs and featuring meditations and insights never before available to a general audience, this extraordinary audio training includes:
- A complete toolbox of body-based shamatha meditations to still the mind and set the foundation for exploring the immeasurable expanse of being
- Vipashyana meditations that take you on a progressive path of inquiry into the nature of awareness itself
- Innovative teachings on dismantling the klesas (difficult emotions) through heightening our experience of them
- More than 40 guided meditations unfolded through a series of increasingly subtle and profound practices
Mahamudra is revered in Tibetan Buddhism as the most direct route to seeing the world in all its transcendent beauty, power, and perfection. With his gift for distilling esoteric teachings for today's student, Dr. Ray has created a powerful training program for anyone seeking to engage in this life-altering journey, allowing us to discover this unsurpassed tradition for meeting ultimate reality—and awakening to the boundless freedom that is our fundamental nature.
- Why the 16th Karmapa predicted that the Mahamudra teachings were the most important Tibetan teachings for the modern world
- Practicing the depth of the Mahamudra teachings without the constraints of Tibetan culture
- How to become a true person—a unique, unprecedented, unfolding process
- The 12 points of the Mahamudra posture
- The “Mahamudra entry protocol” – a series of guided practices that enable us to quickly enter into direct, non-conceptual experience
- Ground Mahamudra Transmission: A turning point on the path in which we are directly introduced to the awakened state
- The fruition of Mahamudra: Living in amazement as the three bodies of the Buddha
- The role of the teacher in the modern world
- Obstacles on the journey, and how to overcome them
- How reality works through our everyday life
- Indestructible positivity: Discovering unconditional trust in everything that happens
- Investigating thoughts as “explosions of energy”
- How to “de-activate” ourselves during neurotic upheavals (klesa attacks) and return to the natural state
- Guided instruction in three Mahamudra enhancing practices: “Exploring the Unborn Light,” “Yin Breathing,” and “Exploring the Chakras”
- Markers on the path
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
|5 star :||
|( 30 )|
|4 star :||
|( 1 )|
|3 star :||
|( 2 )|
Amazing Review by Elizabeth
I had this course on my wish list then purchased it during the Christmas time sales event... the description called to me. I am halfway through the course taking it very slow and methodically. I find the course lecture time very informative and particularly useful for when the meditation practices happen. I have tried meditation and guided visualization in the past and have found value in it but nothing lasting... but with this practice of Mahamudra I have found amazing insights into myself & have touched places that I never knew existed! After searching for so long I am happy to proclaim I found the one practice that really has had a meaningful and lasting impact on my connection to myself (know thyself) in knowing different ways to touch my true essence. Highly recommend this program! (Posted on January 17, 2019)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
very monotone delivery of the material Review by due due
Reggie Ray is very clear, organized, and concise in his delivery and way of approaching meditation practices, however, it is difficult to concentrate on what he is saying since he never modulates his voice and is in a drone style of delivering. This affects my absorption of the material. It is recommended to go over the meditation techniques, so as to be able to do them on your own. Memorize the breathing techniques and the way it integrates with your body. (Posted on November 19, 2015)
Amazing Review by Vidar
I was skeptical about the idea of transmissions in general and certainly receiving them by means of an audio recording. It works, at least it does for me. There is no doubt in my mind that I have recognized the natural state through this recording. How wonderful that one can receive a complete training course in Mahamudra as an internet download. (Posted on September 28, 2015)
Great teaching for all levels Review by Guillaume
I bought it one year ago and I was very excited by the contents of the course. I went through all of it once,but now I regularly go back to some specific chapters to enjoy the profundity of R.Ray experience, depending of my current needs. I am a member of a sangha ( shambhala ) and i really like to accompany my "live teachings" with some i picked up by my own. R.Ray teachings are part of these teachings.
I enjoy the anecdotes about Trungpa Rinpoche life.
Thanks for these challenging offering, not easy to deliver by audio tape such a teaching. (Posted on August 24, 2015)
A Journey of Discovery Review by Kathryn
Mahamudra for the modern world is an unprecedented journey of discovery. It's an amazing training by a master teacher who pores every bit of his over 40 years of experience into transmitting this crown jewel of Vajrayana Buddhism. When I got to the Ground transmission I felt like I had come home. Thank you so much, Reggie, for your presence, honesty, generosity and kindness. As I made my way into the training I could feel the pound of flesh you had pored into bringing this presentation to fruition, a gift for us and a legacy for the lineage. (Posted on June 11, 2015)
Review for Mahamudra for the Modern World Review by David F
This was one of or the most powerful series on meditation and insight that I have experienced. Reginald Ray took us through detailed meditations on Shamata and Insight that were hands on and immediately transformative. His pointing out method is wonderful. He also gives an amazing account of the journey of Trogon Trungpa Rinpoche and shares his own experiences humbly. Thanks so much! (Posted on April 8, 2014)
Review for Mahamudra for the Modern World Review by Kane M
Okay, so I haven't listened to the whole program and experimented with all the various practices yet, but, the few practices I have integrated into my existing mindfulness meditation routine have been so helpful in deepening my practice and clarifying in an experiential and direct way, understandings of 'emptiness' and 'the ground of being' that I felt the need to share how much I'm appreciating and enjoying this program, albeit perhaps a little prematurely. So, for all mindfulness meditation practitioners and yogis out there, I highly recommend you check this out and give a shot to the Mahamudra entry protocol (which is one of the first practices covered) as it does what the author says it will - helps one access deeper states of groundedness and spaciousness quicker, and sets the stage beautifully for further practice. If you like this practice and find it helpful like I have, well, it makes sense to keep on listening, learning, and experimenting.
Also, the talks by the author on Tibetan culture and the history of the Mahamudra tradition are very interesting, the Dharma teachings are shared in a way which is very accessible, warm and inviting but the practices that I have done so far form the program are worth the price of the program alone. Happy meditating :) (Posted on January 20, 2014)
Review for Mahamudra for the Modern World Review by Richard G
These teachings and meditations have changed my practice and broadened my vision of the path. I am slowly making my way through the series, absorbing the teachings and experiencing the practices, lingering on certain practices or teachings when needed. It has also helped me to look at the many teachings I received in the past with a new understanding, revisiting them and pulling things together. I am sure recorded audio transmission is controversial – but my personal experience with this series so far is that it is an effective means. I do identify with the author and trust him, which is a prerequisite to being open to any teacher, teaching and medium. Along side the audio series, I have been reading a introductory book on Mahamudra practice by a Tibetan Kagyu lineage holder, one who also holds the view that Mahamudra can be taught on its own and that Mahamudra can be of great benefit to contemporary Westerners. Complements the audio material well. All works for me. (Posted on December 13, 2013)
Review for Mahamudra for the Modern World Review by C.K. B
I bought Reggie's earlier audios without having heard of him and found them very valuable. On this confidence I ventured into Mahamudra. Though I haven't gone beyond 6th hour of 30 hour work, I could say that it is worth engaging with this most important work in meditation. I should say that Reggie is genuine inspiring and warm teacher, a fact that comes through in the transmission of the teachings while practicing. Be trusting and Patient things will reveal by themselves, as you repeat. There are some areas of repetition from earlier works but this is unavoidable in a definitive work. Any one with sustained interest in "meditation" in broader sense this is a diamond. (Posted on December 9, 2013)
Review for Mahamudra for the Modern World Review by John M
This program is filled with insight and awareness. And as the author indicates you may get more but you will get as much out of it as you put into it. The instructions go from very basic to quite deep. (Posted on December 7, 2013)
|Contents||Audio download (37 hours, 39 minutes)|
|Filetypes||M4B, MP3, PDF, ZIP|
|Date Published||June 01, 2012|
|Contents||33 CDs (37 hours, 39 minutes)|
|Date Published||June 01, 2012|
|Dimensions||6 7/8 x 6 5/8|
|Contents||37.5 CE credits|
|Date Published||June 01, 2012|