A Training Course on the Power of Mindfulness to Free the Heart
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for U.S. customers only.
Healing is a process of coming home to one's authentic self—to the loving presence that is the ground of our being. But we often get trapped by the false refuges of fear-based habits and judgmental thoughts.
To help us bring the fruits of mindfulness practice into our lives for healing and transformation, Dr. Tara Brach offers Meditation and Psychotherapy.
Created for mental health professionals and illuminating to anyone interested in the core techniques, practices, and insights of Buddhist psychology, this experience-focused audio learning program helps us find our way back to natural presence, a place where peace and our deep love for life grows.
- Apply the R.A.I.N. technique in your work with clients
- Utilize mindfulness meditation to clear blockages that prevent living fully
- Discuss basic concepts of Buddhist psychology
- Recognize aspirations and intentions that support awakening
- Practice a variety of different guided meditations
- Adapt specific mindfulness practices to individual client needs
- Integrate mindfulness into your personal and professional life
Learning How to Face Our Tangled Emotions and Release Our Limiting Beliefs
There are many skillful means that we can use to train ourselves and our clients to become aware, teaches Brach, a psychotherapist and meditator of more than 30 years. But they all lead to one essential question: Can I be here in this moment?
Using her R.A.I.N. technique, a four-part process that helps us learn how to stop running away from our tangled emotions and start to lovingly face them, we'll investigate and unblock the beliefs that cause suffering. Guiding us through meditations and practices on mindfulness, loving-kindness, forgiveness, allowing, and more, Brach shares key tools and expert insights for moving through this liberating process so that we can open and allow our lives to unfold, moment by moment.
“Mindfulness can strengthen our attention, awaken compassion and empathy, and expand our acceptance of our own inner states,” teaches Brach. Meditation and Psychotherapy draws on the strengths of mindfulness meditation and the practice of modern therapeutic methods to help clear the emotional blocks holding us back.
- R.A.I.N., a liberating four-step process for learning how to end the suffering caused by clinging to our emotions
- How we all can awaken from the trance of unworthiness using mindful awareness and lovingkindness
- The alchemy of self-compassion and how it can help in our relationships with others
- Why we don't have to believe our thoughts—the transformative power of self-inquiry
- “Touch and go,” an approach for gently disarming the energy of trauma
- Tips for adapting practices for your individual client's needs
- A new model of psychotherapy that emphasizes the client/therapist relationship as an unfolding partnership
- More than eight hours of expert insights, practices, and tips for using mindfulness meditation and modern therapeutic methods to help untangle our difficult emotions