An Online Training Course on the Power of Mindfulness to Free the Heart
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for U.S. customers only.
- Apply the R.A.I.N. technique in your work with clients
- Utilize mindfulness meditation to clear blockages that prevent living fully
- Discuss basic concepts of Buddhist psychology
- Recognize aspirations and intentions that support awakening
- Practice a variety of different guided meditations
- Adapt specific mindfulness practices to individual client needs
- Integrate mindfulness into your personal and professional life
Healing is a process of coming home to the truth and fullness of who we are—to the loving awareness that gets covered by veils of obsessive thinking, painful emotions, and limiting beliefs. As Tara Brach, clinical psychologist and meditation instructor for more than 30 years, teaches, "Through the practice of mindfulness and the power of our heart, we can begin to transcend our layers of unhealthy attitudes, view our situations with greater objectivity and acceptance, and open to the loving presence that we really are." With Meditation and Psychotherapy, she shares an illuminating online training course for mental health professionals, their clients, and anyone interested in using the core techniques, practices, and insights from Buddhist psychology for emotional healing.
What You Will Receive:
- Nine Video Learning Sessions
Dr. Tara Brach offers nine 60-minute video sessions of insights and practices for applying the core insights of Buddhist psychology to therapeutic practice. Also features a Q&A session with Tara Brach recorded with participants of the live course.
- Written Instruction
Each session, you will be able to go deeper into the theory and practice of mindfulness with downloadable written material, including questions for reflection from Dr. Brach.
- Complete Downloads of All Course Materials
The entire program of Meditation and Psychotherapy is yours to keep and enjoy as continue to infuse the principles of mindfulness into your clinical practice.
This multimedia course includes a variety of tools to support your learning and help you directly experience the transformative power of mindfulness practice. With more than nine hours of video instruction and personal insights by Brach, as well as guided practices on audio—all of which you can download and keep—you'll cover the essentials of integrating mindfulness into your personal and professional life. Additional topics include Brach's unique interpretation of the R.A.I.N technique, a liberating process that helps us lovingly face our tangled emotions by recognizing, allowing, investigating, and non-identifying.
"Mindfulness can strengthen our attention, awaken compassion and empathy, and expand our acceptance of our own inner states," teaches Brach. Meditation and Psychotherapy draws on the strengths of mindfulness meditation and the practice of modern therapeutic methods to help clear the emotional blocks holding us back.
Note: This online course features video content from the audio-only learning program Meditation and Psychotherapy.
Continuing education credits available.
- R.A.I.N., a liberating four-step process for learning how to end the suffering caused by clinging to our emotions
- How we all can awaken from the "trance of unworthiness" using mindful awareness and loving-kindness
- Applying the alchemy of self-compassion in relationship with others
- Why we don't have to believe our thoughts—the transformative power of self-inquiry
- "Touch and go," an approach for gently disarming the energy of trauma
- Tips for adapting practices for your individual client's needs
- A new model of psychotherapy that emphasizes the client/therapist relationship as an unfolding partnership
- More than nine hours of expert insights, practices, and tips for using mindfulness meditation to clear the blockages that prevent us from living fully