“If only I had more time!” It’s the lament of the modern human being in a world where 24 hours never seems to be enough for all we need to do in a day.
“The beautiful thing is that you do have more time,” teaches Lama Surya Das. “In fact, you have all the time in the world.” There is a way of living that can liberate us from the relentless tyranny of clocks and calendars—allowing us to access a space of renewal and infinite possibility at any moment.
With All the Time in the World, this beloved author and Tibetan Buddhist teacher and scholar invites you to directly experience the spacious dimension that he calls “Buddha Standard Time.” Translating Buddhist principles to their most practical form for today’s world, Lama Surya Das shows you how to transform your relationship with time—paradoxically allowing you to become more effective, productive, and happy as you become less preoccupied with schedules and deadlines.
“What we lack is not time,” teaches Surya Das. “It’s actually focus, awareness, and priorities.” Offering key insights and tools for opening to presence in even the most difficult situations, he presents three powerful teaching sessions for finding balance and peace in a fast-paced world, including:
“Lama Surya Das offers a wise and sane way to navigate these times.”
—Joseph Goldstein, author of One Dharma: The Emerging Western Buddhism and A Heart Full of Peace
“Lama Surya Das is one of our best teachers of universal wisdom.”
—Marianne Williamson, author of The Age of Miracles
- The Buddhist understanding of time—accessing the “fourth dimension” of time that is not governed by the sands of the hourglass
- The power of perception—how we can literally change the effects of time through our frame of mind
- On-the-spot techniques for difficult situations—whether you’re stuck in traffic, trapped in telephone limbo, or stressing out at work
- Mini-meditations to rejuvenate your mind and spirit over the course of the day
- How to synchronize your internal clock to Buddha Standard Time to live permanently in the timeless ground of your own true being