Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
Perhaps nothing is more important in our lives than enhancing relationships with our friends, lovers, and family. Yet at some point, it seems that even the healthiest relationships get stuck and resist our efforts to fix them.
In this revealing and provocative session, psychologist Harriet Lerner confronts cherished myths about women and intimacy, and breaks new ground for every listener seeking the deeper truth about intimate relationships. This heart-to-heart session takes a careful look at those relationships where intimacy is most challenged—by emotional distancing or by too much intensity—and offers practical ideas for overcoming these primary obstacles. Enriched with many real-life examples from Dr. Lerner's work with women and their families.
- Explore the basic human dilemma of staying connected in key relationships while maintaining individual differences
- Identify the myths and truths of real intimacy in any type of relationship
- Discover practical ways to overcome the common relationship obstacles of too much emotional distancing or too much intensity
- Discuss the importance of self-focus rather than relationship focus
Learn More About:
- Four myths about intimacy
- The joy of friendships
- Why intimacy flees from techniques
- The truth of who you are
- Self-focus and self-deception
- Much more
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
|5 star :||
|( 1 )|
|4 star :||
|( 1 )|
|2 star :||
|( 1 )|
Review for Harriet Lerner on Intimacy Review by Sandra Christensen
sound universal truths that go beyond gender differences and articulates my experience - thank you (Posted on June 29, 2012)
Review for Harriet Lerner on Intimacy Review by Jenny McFadden
Interesting but not great depth. (Posted on June 29, 2012)
Review for Harriet Lerner on Intimacy Review by Jolanka Muratovic
Very to the point,and truthful. (Posted on April 17, 2012)
|Contents||1 Audio download (1 hour, 30 minutes)|
|Filetypes||M4B, MP3, PDF|
|Date Published||January 31, 2006|
|Contents||2 CE credits|
|Date Published||July 15, 2010|