Rediscover the Transformational Power of the Life and Teachings of Jesus
The story of Jesus has not waned in its power to change lives. Although many of us grew up in a culture suffused by the mythos of Jesus, today we feel disconnected from the essence and vitality of his teachings. With Resurrecting Jesus, Adyashanti invites us to rediscover the life and teachings of Jesus as a direct path to what may be the most radical of transformations: spiritual awakening.
What You Will Receive:
- 12 hours of recorded video-learning sessions, yours to download and keep
- 1 2-hour recorded video session of Q&A with Adyashanti
- Written questions for reflection and contemplation
Jesus crossed all of the boundary lines that separated the people of his time because he viewed the world from the perspective of what unites us, not what divides us. In nine captivating video sessions, Adyashanti invites us to consider the man known as Jesus as an exemplar of the realized state and a model of enlightened engagement with the world.
Adya begins by sharing his personal ties to the life and teachings of Jesus—and how his background in Zen Buddhism and his own journey of awakening inform his unique understanding of "what it means to be in true relationship with the eternal principle." He then unpacks the story of Jesus from his birth to the Resurrection, revealing how the key events in Jesus’ life parallel the stages of spiritual awakening—and what that might mean for each of us individually.
In our closing sessions, Adya illuminates the central archetypal figures of the Jesus story, including Peter, John, Mary Magdalene, Judas, and Pontius Pilate, and how they might be viewed as spiritual approaches at work within each of us. He concludes with a profound discussion of "the Christ Presence" and the embodiment of the universal Christ consciousness.
The Perennial Mystic Revelation: At One with the Divine
"Jesus symbolizes the spiritual mystery of each one of us," explains Adya, "and points us toward the radiance within that is available right now—the eternal saving grace through which we realize that we are each sons and daughters of a living God." With Resurrecting Jesus, now you have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to explore "the transmission of infinite love" that his story represents—and how that love revolutionizes our lives and our world.
- The Gospel of Mark and its contemporary appeal
- Awakening to the light of being
- Discovering the kingdom of heaven
- The Gnostic Gospel of Thomas
- Descending into time and space
- John the Baptist as a resonant force
- Moving from realization to action
- The deeper motive for Jesus' healings
- Transforming the world from the heart of spirit
- Parables as devices of transmission
- The 'I Am' in all of us
- Speaking truth to power
- Oneness in the mystical body of Christ
- Being in the world but not of it
With an all-new foreword by Episcopalian priest and scholar Cynthia Bourgeault.