Teachings to Cultivate the Practice of Faith
We tend to think of faith as a commodity you either have or you dont. But in many of the worlds wisdom traditions, faith isnt something you possess; its something you do. Faith is a willingness to take the next step, to see the unknown as an adventure, to launch a journey, teaches Sharon Salzberg. Now this beloved meditation teacher and author shares her unique understanding of faith, distinguishing it from belief and dogma, to help you cultivate this profound force in your life.
On this four-hour program Salzberg dispels the negative concepts that label faith as either blind or ignorant and reveals something much deeper: an intelligence and common sense rooted in your deepest experience. With discerning wisdom, she invites you to explore:
- The crucial first step in the faith journey: embracing impermanencethe ever-changing nature of the world
- The surprising relationship between doubt and faith
- How to move forward when you feel lost in the mire of resignation and despair
- Faith as a refuge for even our hardest times
- The ingredients of true faith: love and respect for ourselves and others
Faith is the ability to offer your heart to the truth of what is happening, the present expression of possibility, and the conduit connecting you to a bigger reality. With Faith you gain a powerful tool for cultivating the peace of mind and ease to carry you through any situation.
Unabridged audiobook read by the author.