Rediscover the Transformational Power of the Life and Teachings of Jesus
The life of Jesus offers each one of us a map to the direct realization of our eternal and divine nature. On Resurrecting Jesus, Adyashanti excavates the deep, mythic underpinnings of the Gospels to show how we can all find in the story of Jesus the spark for our own spiritual unfolding.
The Perennial Mystic Revelation: At One with the Divine
Jesus crossed all of the boundary lines that separated the people of his time because he viewed the world from the perspective of what unites us, not what divides us. In these intimate sessions, Adya invites us to consider the man known as Jesus as a model of enlightened engagement with the world. He examines the story of Jesus from his birth to the Resurrection to reveal how the central events in Jesus' life parallel the stages of spiritual awakening that we may be called to experience ourselves. Adya concludes by illuminating five central archetypes of the Jesus story—Peter, John, Mary Magdalene, Judas, and Pontius Pilate—and the key insights they hold about the way we might relate to the spiritual impulse within.
"Jesus symbolizes the spiritual mystery of each one of us," explains Adya, "and points us toward the radiance available right now—the grace through which we realize that we are each sons and daughters of a living God." Resurrecting Jesus will inspire you to pour yourself fully into "the transmission of infinite love" that he represents—to discover how that love revolutionizes our lives and our world.
- Jesus as spiritual revolutionary
- Discovering your essence as divine being
- Listening with the ears of myth and metaphor
- Meeting your trials and tribulations as a gateway to realization
- Moving beyond temptations to spiritual alignment
- Repentance as a change of heart
- The deeper motive for Jesus' healing ministry
- The wise use of power
- Forgiveness and spiritual clarity
- Breaking through the structures of ignorance and separation
- Faith as the entryway to the Kingdom of Heaven
- The parable of the mustard seed
- The parable of the sower
- Opening our eyes to the miracles all around us
- "Quiet, be still"—the most potent spiritual practice
- Moving from relationship to God to identity as God
- The heart of spirituality: connecting to the transcendent mystery of existence
- The mystical body of Christ we all share
- The Crucifixion and the death of the ego self
- The mystery of the resurrection
- "What is truth?" The fundamental question of our lives
- Eleven hours of teachings on the life of Jesus as a template for spiritual awakening
With an all-new foreword by Episcopalian priest and scholar Cynthia Bourgeault.