Rewire Your Brain for Happiness—A Step-By-Step Program
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
Self-Directed Brain Change is based on a key emerging insight from neuroscience: that to keep our ancestors alive, the human brain evolved to stick to negative experiences like Velcro and shrug off the positive ones like Teflon. The good news, teaches Rick Hanson, is that we can retrain our neural structure out of "sheer survival" mode and into one of greater well-being, mental clarity, and moment-to-moment appreciation. In this practice-focused program, Dr. Hanson teaches us how to:
- Shift our evolutionary fear and survival bias into one of "taking in the good"
- Use positive moments or states to rewire happiness as an enduring neural trait
- Heal difficult or painful emotional memories to "fill the hole in the heart"
- Increase and deepen daily experiences of love, gratitude, and contentment
- Build inner resilience in the face of stress and challenging situations, improve relationships, and much more
Is it possible to rewire yourself for happiness? A growing body of evidence from this pioneering neuropsychologist and his colleagues says yes, we can—and experience greater fulfillment and contentment the moment we begin. With Self-Directed Brain Change, you will learn how.