The joining of two people in committed relationship is sacred. Our intimate partnerships offer an unparalleled path to the highest expression of our love for each other and for the whole of life. The Conscious Wedding Handbook was created to support couples who are beginning their adventure together or who want to deepen or revivify an existing relationship.
How do we design a ceremony that expresses the depths of our commitment and the shared vision for our marriage? What are the building blocks of a lasting partnership? Lila and David address these questions and more, empowering readers with practical exercises for sustaining conscious partnership and covering everything from writing your own wedding vows, to choosing facilitators and guests, to the “Sacred Moment” at the heart of a conscious wedding.
• Origin Story—explore together where you’ve come from and where you’re going as you honor the passion and power underlying your relationship
• Knots—identify the growth areas in your partnership and unravel the tensions that bind up your energy
• Concentric Circles—investigate the mythic underpinnings of your relationship to help maintain a healthy perspective when dramas arise
• Befriending the Sacred Elements—excite your mutual appreciation of beauty while getting relaxed and grounded in your body
• Releasing—let go of attachments to both the good and the bad times to make room for something new and wonderful
• Communion—bring deeper unity to your partnership, “intertwined with heaven above and earth below”
• Coming to Agreement—illuminate the social and practical vows you’ve made, including your “soul-to-soul” non-negotiables
• This Sacred Moment—acknowledge how every minute of the day becomes an opportunity to celebrate our co-creation with life