Delight in the Facets of Awakened Living through an Audio Retreat with Jack Kornfield
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Describe wise understanding: the beginning of the Buddhist path.
- Summarize the transformation that occurs through the discovery of our true identity.
- Discuss compassion, the antidote to fear and despair.
- Explain Ajahn Chah’s description of our innate wisdom and presence: “The One Who Knows."
- Apply teachings of living with equanimity and trust.
- Practice meditation to sustain lasting change in your life.
It is possible to find genuine happiness and liberation in the ups and downs of your own human life. We can all sense how it is possible for our own capacity for greater compassion and freedom to grow. “If this were not possible,” said the Buddha, “I would not ask you to do so.”
For four decades, Buddhist meditation teacher Jack Kornfield has shared practical instructions for awakening the wise and compassionate heart in the midst of all we experience. The Jewel of Liberation presents 10 pinnacle dharma talks (teaching sessions) hand-selected by Jack from his personal collection to illuminate the pathways out of suffering and into the natural freedom that is both our shared birthright and our greatest gift to the world.
Reclaim the Seat of Dignity, Compassion, and Lovingkindness
Meditation is the practice of awakening itself; it is the fundamental tool the Buddha offered to quiet the mind and open the heart. We begin our retreat with an examination of the art of meditation and how it empowers us to see things clearly and be gracious with the flow of this ever-changing life.
The Jewel of Liberation continues with guidance in managing our troubles, the “weeds” that arise even as we cultivate the seeds of abiding happiness. Our retreat culminates with an inquiry into the “laws of life,” the understandings we must have if we are to experience freedom independent of our circumstances.
The Possibility of Freedom Here and Now
“The sure heart’s release is found nowhere else but in our own direct experience—for it is who and what we are,” teaches Jack Kornfield. “The world so much needs people who are free in this way, unafraid to love every being.” Here is his invitation for each of us to “be a lamp of freedom for yourself and for all.”
- Wise understanding—the beginning of the Buddhist path
- Meditation as the art of “taking your seat halfway between heaven and earth”
- The transformation that occurs through the discovery of our true identity
- Tending the garden of the heart
- Compassion, the antidote to fear and despair
- “The One Who Knows”—Ajahn Chah’s description of our innate wisdom and presence
- “Enlightenments” and the infinite doorways to freedom
- Seeing life the way it is with equanimity and trust
- The three laws of impermanence and the secret treasures they hold
- That which sustains lasting changes in our lives
- A 10-hour audio retreat with Jack Kornfield including 10 pinnacle dharma talks