From esteemed teacher Adyashanti, an eight-hour audio learning series on the search for the ultimate reality beneath the narrative of our lives
“Our inner lives are every bit as astonishing, baffling, and mysterious as the infinite vastness of the cosmos.“ —Adyashanti
We all define our lives through the lens of stories. Whether we see ourselves as heroes or victims, good people or bad, everyone lives according to interwoven strands of narrative.
“And yet,” teaches Adyashanti, “the truth is bigger than any concept or story.”
The Most Important Thing, Volume 1 presents a series of intimate, deep-dive talks devoted to the search for the ultimate reality of a self that exists beyond the bounds of storytelling.
In the first of two volumes of vivid anecdotes, incisive observations, and teaching stories, Adyashanti illustrates the felt experience of his teachings—those moments of grace in which every stone, tree, ray of light, and fraught silence reveal that none of us is alone and no one is ever truly isolated from the whole of existence.These selections consider:
- Why a good question can be far more powerful than a concrete answer
- How grace can arrive both through struggle and as an unexpected gift
- Discovering the wisdom found in surprise, sadness, and challenging moments
- How the things you choose to serve shape your life path
- The moments of grace upon which all great religions pivot
- How revelation arises from darkness and silence
- The great vitality that underlies even the most difficult circumstances
- How surrendering the need for control opens you to a much wider experience of life
- Transcending the fear of ego annihilation
What is the story of your life? Is it happy or adventurous? Sad or lonely?
In The Most Important Thing, Volume 1, this esteemed teacher shows you how to look past your personal narratives, delve inward, and connect with the truths that fundamentally animate all of us.