Within every person—as well as every animal, rock, machine, particle, or planet—is a spirit that seeks to connect and communicate with the rest of the universe. Dr. Claude Poncelet calls this “the shaman within.” In his visionary new book, this scientist and shamanic teacher offers a compendium of practices and wisdom for connecting to the power of the spiritual forces in our lives. Filled with accessible instruction, insights from a lifetime of deep inquiry, and guidance for transformative journeys into non-ordinary reality, The Shaman Within explores:
- Modern shamanism—an ever-changing practice that welcomes both scientific discoveries and our personal experience
- Shapeshifting—a powerful method for building empathy, gathering insight, and experiencing our fundamental relation to every part of reality
- Combining indigenous wisdom and contemporary physics to revolutionize your understanding of time, space, and your authentic self
- Spiritual adventures to unexpected places—from the edge of the cosmos to the subatomic realm
- Using shamanism to enhance your work and family life, reveal novel solutions to life challenges, heal the environment, and more
“As both scientist and shamanic practitioner, I see no inconsistency between science and spiritual knowledge,” says Dr. Poncelet. “In fact, when shamanism and science inform each other, we gain a far greater access to the wonder and possibility of reality.” In The Shaman Within, this extraordinary teacher invites you to discover the 21st-century evolution of shamanic practice—one that will delight you, empower you, and open your eyes to new dimensions of our strange and marvelous universe.