Yoga's sun salutations are among the most refined and effective movement meditations for health and well-being ever created. Originally practiced to connect to the sun's vitality, this precise combination of forward bends, backbends, and inversions awakens the breath and promotes circulation and inner balance through the flow of prana shakti—our creative life force.
On Sun Salutations, internationally acclaimed vinyasa flow yoga teacher Shiva Rea presents a complete at-home course on these fundamental movements. Join Shiva for a dynamic sequence of asanas (postures) that includes guidance in yoga breathing and a rich background of world beat and ambient music.
With inspiring instruction in basic alignment and flowing variations, Sun Salutations gives you the latest DVD technology to create an evolving home-yoga practice suited perfectly to your personal needs.
- Classical sun salutations with mantras—10 complete practices to honor solar vitality, a meditative practice for all levels
- Surya Namaskar A and B from the Ashtanga tradition to build a basic vocabulary of strength and flexibility
- Rhythmic vinyasa—up-tempo sun salutations to emphasize core alignment through sensory motor patterning and thythmic movement
- Four of Shiva's innovative Dancing Warrior variations, specifically for opening the spine and the hips
- Chandra Namaskar (moon salutations) for rejuvenating balance to the sun salutations
- Shavasana practice to soothe and restore energy, and much more
Note: Contains material excerpted from Yoga Shakti.
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
|4 star :||
|( 1 )|
|3 star :||
|( 2 )|
Review for Sun Salutations Review by Anne C
I thoroughly enjoyed practicing to this DVD. I will say that it's a little more challenging
than I expected, but challenge is good too! I will certainly buy more DVD's by Shiva Rea.
Anne C. (Posted on September 20, 2014)
Review for Sun Salutations Review by Rosemary R
I ordered two DVDs and they were both the same. (Posted on August 23, 2012)
Review for Sun Salutations Review by Sandra Mueller
It was satisfactory but not my favorite. (Posted on October 2, 2011)
|Contents||1 DVD (1 hour, 8 minutes)|
|Date Published||November 01, 2004|
|Dimensions||5 1/4 x 7 1/2 inches|