Meditation & Psychotherapy
An Online Training Course for Integrating Mindfulness into Clinical Practice
|Add to Cart|
y: Self-Guided Video Course
y: CE Credits
100% guarantee on Sounds True titles
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website.
If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectation—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund or exchange—whichever you prefer.
For items manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
An Online Training Course on the Power of Mindfulness to Free the Heart
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for U.S. customers only.
- Apply the R.A.I.N. technique in your work with clients
- Utilize mindfulness meditation to clear blockages that prevent living fully
- Discuss basic concepts of Buddhist psychology
- Recognize aspirations and intentions that support awakening
- Practice a variety of different guided meditations
- Adapt specific mindfulness practices to individual client needs
- Integrate mindfulness into your personal and professional life
Healing is a process of coming home to the truth and fullness of who we are—to the loving awareness that gets covered by veils of obsessive thinking, painful emotions, and limiting beliefs. As Tara Brach, clinical psychologist and meditation instructor for more than 30 years, teaches, "Through the practice of mindfulness and the power of our heart, we can begin to transcend our layers of unhealthy attitudes, view our situations with greater objectivity and acceptance, and open to the loving presence that we really are." With Meditation and Psychotherapy, she shares an illuminating online training course for mental health professionals, their clients, and anyone interested in using the core techniques, practices, and insights from Buddhist psychology for emotional healing.
What You Will Receive:
- Nine Video Learning Sessions
Dr. Tara Brach offers nine 60-minute video sessions of insights and practices for applying the core insights of Buddhist psychology to therapeutic practice. Also features a Q&A session with Tara Brach recorded with participants of the live course.
- Written Instruction
Each session, you will be able to go deeper into the theory and practice of mindfulness with downloadable written material, including questions for reflection from Dr. Brach.
- Complete Downloads of All Course Materials
The entire program of Meditation and Psychotherapy is yours to keep and enjoy as continue to infuse the principles of mindfulness into your clinical practice.
This multimedia course includes a variety of tools to support your learning and help you directly experience the transformative power of mindfulness practice. With more than nine hours of video instruction and personal insights by Brach, as well as guided practices on audio—all of which you can download and keep—you'll cover the essentials of integrating mindfulness into your personal and professional life. Additional topics include Brach's unique interpretation of the R.A.I.N technique, a liberating process that helps us lovingly face our tangled emotions by recognizing, allowing, investigating, and non-identifying.
"Mindfulness can strengthen our attention, awaken compassion and empathy, and expand our acceptance of our own inner states," teaches Brach. Meditation and Psychotherapy draws on the strengths of mindfulness meditation and the practice of modern therapeutic methods to help clear the emotional blocks holding us back.
Note: This online course features video content from the audio-only learning program Meditation and Psychotherapy.
Continuing education credits available.
- R.A.I.N., a liberating four-step process for learning how to end the suffering caused by clinging to our emotions
- How we all can awaken from the "trance of unworthiness" using mindful awareness and loving-kindness
- Applying the alchemy of self-compassion in relationship with others
- Why we don't have to believe our thoughts—the transformative power of self-inquiry
- "Touch and go," an approach for gently disarming the energy of trauma
- Tips for adapting practices for your individual client's needs
- A new model of psychotherapy that emphasizes the client/therapist relationship as an unfolding partnership
- More than nine hours of expert insights, practices, and tips for using mindfulness meditation to clear the blockages that prevent us from living fully
Write Your Own Review
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Raymond
I thoroughly enjoyed the program and found the content and presentation excellent. Tara is so skilled and eloquent with her teaching. Although I am not a therapist, I found the teaching easy to understand and put into practice. Thank you for guiding me on my healing journey.
(Posted on 5/31/2014)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Marylin K
This program, geared to therapists, is clear and straightforward. A good addition to skills in mediations for therapists.
(Posted on 5/23/2014)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Julie D
This program is easy to follow. I downloaded everything from the website immediately and put it on disc. Then I printed the pages as well and made a hard copy set. I listened and watched it all as I downloaded it and then slowly over the next couple of weeks went back through it.
It helped me.
I would recommend it to anyone.
I am not a teacher or psychologist - just on my own journey.
(Posted on 8/22/2013)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Michele W
Excellent program! Enjoy the format very much, and love her teaching style. I have attended some of Tara's retreats, and this very close to having a retreat with her in my home!
(Posted on 5/6/2013)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Candy W
I am finding the sessions with Tara interesting and helpful while at times challenging. I appreciate that I can listen at my convenience and multiple times, if desired. Her guided meditations are excellent and the questions helpful in digesting the thought provoking material.
(Posted on 5/2/2013)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Cynthia J
This is such an amazing course...it is an experience that has been life transforming...Tara makes the concepts so easily accessible and understandable. I have immediate put into my own clinical practice the principles she teaches and my own life/spiritual practices have been so enriched. I have recommended these courses here at Sounds True to any and all of my collegues who have been willing to listen!
(Posted on 9/4/2012)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Gretchen Gossen
I was pleased with this workshop because it kept me in touch with issues in my life that keep me tied in my own knots. I found the program helped me to rebalance and also provided encouragement to continue my own progress that includes working with other 12 Step people in recovery. I am so grateful to Tara Brach and her gentle nature to lead me into a larger view of myself in a loving process. Thank you, all of you.
(Posted on 3/6/2012)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by John Moritz
Best investment since I got my masters degree in 1980. Tara is clear and concise and has helped me in my practice. She is right on in her approach to counseling and with her teachings. A truly top experience Thanks, John
(Posted on 3/25/2011)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Jeanette Meyer
This event is not over yet - but, up to this point - the class has been outstanding. First, the presentation is inviting. Secondly, Tara is simply wonderful - not only in her command of the subject, but also in her humorous additions.
This appears to be a process that works. Putting it into practice will be a deepening journey.
(Posted on 3/23/2011)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Annemarie Coulson
I am loving this course. Tara explains things clearly and wittily with funny or inspiring stories.
i find the questions that go with it thought provoking.
It is excellent value for money as you get a lot of material.
I like the convenience of watching it at a time that suits me.
Sometimes I have problems with the video, which keeps stopping, so that you don't get a good flow of conversation. However the audio only version doesn't do this.
As a long time fan of Tara, I have heard some of the content before, but what she says is always worth being reminded of.
(Posted on 3/19/2011)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Judy
Tara is one of the most amazing Western Buddhist teachers. She makes the teachings accessible to anyone. Tara bridges meditation and psychotherapy in a way I haven't heard anyone else do. She emphasizes compassion and kindness, something most of us desperately need in the west.
(Posted on 3/12/2011)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by Marge Grossman
Tara is an amazing, down to earth and interesting teacher who I have been listening to for years. I count her as one of my true refuges.
(Posted on 2/28/2011)
- Review for Meditation and Psychotherapy Review by katerina panagiotopoulou
it is true
evolution, development, ask for meditation, psychotherapy, and education,healing,to come in direct relationship with the divine, the truth, the ever changing true nature
(Posted on 2/3/2011)
Meditation and Psychotherapy: Self-Guided Video Course
Contents Video downloads; Audio downloads Date Published March 25, 2013 Product Code WC03757N
Meditation and Psychotherapy: CE Credits
Contents 9 CE credits Date Published January 21, 2011 Product Code CE02319