Sounds True is committed to making our digital platforms, including our website and mobile applications, accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. As much as possible, we design, develop, and operate our digital platforms in conformance with generally-recognized and accepted guidelines and standards for website accessibility.
For example, we strive for maximum readability of text, inclusion of captions or transcripts for video and audio content, and full website functionality with many types of input devices.
Which Accessibility Guidelines Do We Use?
While standards change over time, we currently refer to the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 and 2.1 at Levels A and AA (WCAG).
Our website is evaluated and audited by a third party to help us improve accessibility and conformance with WCAG as much as possible. The audit gives us feedback for meeting WCAG guidelines, in addition to recommendations for making our website easier to use for people with differing abilities.
Testing is done by experienced and diverse accessibility professionals using manual and automated tools. When selecting new technology services and partners, we rigorously vet our technology partners to ensure WCAG compliance as well.
Measures to support accessibility
Sounds True takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of our digital platforms:
- Include accessibility as part of our core values.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint a certified accessibility subject matter expert.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.