The Ken Wilber Sessions—An Unprecedented Audio Learning Experience
Before the birth of the universe, there existed your Original Face, the limitless Self that has been present throughout the unfolding of inert matter into life—and that continues to dwell within us at every level of consciousness. Where is this grand evolution taking us, and how can each of us participate in it more fully? On Kosmic Consciousness, Ken Wilber invites you to find out.
Since the first publication of his groundbreaking ideas at the age of 23, Ken Wilber has sought to bring together the world's far-ranging spiritual teachings, philosophies, and scientific truths into one coherent and all-embracing vision. This "integral" map of the Kosmos (the universe that includes the physical cosmos as well as the realms of consciousness and Spirit) offers an unprecedented guide to discovering your highest potentials.
Now, this legendary author invites you to discover these insights in his first full-length audio learning course. In 10 fascinating sessions, Wilber pursues questions especially relevant to spiritual seekers: What are the most effective tools for "jumping" to the next level in your spiritual, creative, and cognitive development? Does prayer work? How do women and men experience consciousness differently? Is subtle energy real and, if so, how do we harness it? Why is developing "witness consciousness" so crucial for self-realization? Can we cultivate infinite love by loving one, finite person? What, exactly, does "kosmic consciousness" feel like?
One of our greatest possibilities, teaches Wilber, is "to balance and harmonize our experiences at whatever stage of growth we are in—and to deepen our capacity for compassion, consciousness, and care." For Ken Wilber's many avid readers, and anyone who has been waiting for a highly accessible invitation to his work, here is one of the most significant thinkers of our time—spontaneous, passionate, irreverent—sharing a feast of ideas to inspire you on your evolution toward Kosmic Consciousness.
Kosmic Consciousness Highlights:
- The "one taste" of the Kosmos
- Quadrants, lines, states, types, and stages—a complete introduction to the Integral Map
- Assessing your constellation of "multiple intelligences"
- The Good, the True, and the Beautiful—three realms of experience explored
- How meditation works, and why it is the most reliable tool for personal development
- Feminine and masculine drives—how our biology influences our spiritual evolution
- The chakra system, a paradigm for the unfolding self
- Integral insights for artists, businesspeople, and athletes
- Altered states of consciousness—how they can catalyze (or hinder) transformation
- Sexuality and lovemaking in the gross, subtle, and causal bodies
- The"pre-trans fallacy," an essential insight for evaluating spiritual tools, traditions, and teachers
- How fearlessness grows as your sense of self expands
- Four definitions of spirituality
- The ego—is it a vehicle or an obstacle to awakening?
- Lucid dreaming, astrology, brain machines, and the Enneagram—integral perspectives
- Mystical experiences in nature—a window into spirit
- How love "re-wires" the self
- Could your dog be an enlightened master?
- Basic moral intuition—a compass for our actions in the world
- Cultural "centers of gravity" and how they influence us
- Reincarnation—myth or provable phenomenon?
- What does an enlightened teacher "transmit"?
- Ascending, descending, and "nondual" spiritual paths
- Tantra and the "embrace of heaven and earth"
- More than 12 hours of insights in a rare series of meetings with Ken Wilber
Login to add review
Only people who have purchased this product can leave a review.
|5 star :||
|( 9 )|
|3 star :||
|( 1 )|
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Al Hall
Unparalleled, if your looking to make sense of the complexity's of this world this is an amazing listen. A great overview of Kens work. (Posted on February 11, 2014)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Crista D
The audio is relatively easy to understand and I recommend it as a way to get to know Ken Wilber's work. I hadn't read any of his books before listening but now I'm hooked. (Posted on March 8, 2013)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Bill T
Ken is a genius of the highest caliber. He created an abstract framework on which to classify all events in reality. This is the equivalent of creating something like mathematics which has no reality except in the mind yet allows a deep measurement and understanding of natural events.
Before listening to this, I was awakened but still confused about the underlying nature of humans. After listening to this, all experience made sense. I was able to classify where people are developmentally and "see" where they are stuck. I knew the next step for them on their path.
This is possibly the best product I've ever bought. For under $100 I was taken from chaotic thinking into brilliant clarity which has only deepened over the past few years. (Posted on December 27, 2012)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Katherine W
Ken and Tammy are always amazing and this audio is filled with inspiring conversations between the two of them.
I was quite disappointed, however, to find that there was no table of contents for this 12 hour audio series. Not even titles for the each of the main tracks. When I called to ask customer service if there was a table of contents anywhere to be found, I found the woman who assisted me to be indifferent to my problem (I had heard the audio once before and needed to find a specific conversation on it in order to complete some research for a project I was working on, which unfortunately I was never able to find). Because of the lack of what I would consider proper packaging (table of contents) coupled with the lack of care of the customer service rep, I'm not sure I would purchase anything from Sounds True again. I would expect more from such a fine company. Hopefully, this review will help Sounds True improve their packaging in the future. (Posted on November 20, 2012)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Francine Taitel
Fascinating interview and great explanation of Ken's integral theory of development. (Posted on February 18, 2012)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Pernilla
Excellent content from a brilliant mind. Thank you! (Posted on January 14, 2012)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Dr. Edw.
A really excellent course from an extraordinarily brilliant man. (Posted on December 4, 2011)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Aaron Fisher
Really some of the most helpful material i've ever come across. (Posted on November 17, 2011)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Sheila Cook
Ken Wilber at his best. Great CD package. (Posted on September 29, 2011)
Review for Kosmic Consciousness Review by Jøran Kristoffer Solberg
Great to hear Ken himself talking about the concepts I have been reading about for a while. Made the concepts come alive. (Posted on September 24, 2011)
|Contents||10 CDs (750 minutes)|
|Date Published||September 01, 2003|
|Dimensions||11 x 10 inches|
|Contents||1 Audio download (12 hours, 30 minutes)|
|Filetypes||M4B, MP3, PDF, ZIP|
|Date Published||September 01, 2003|