A rising number of people today are troubled by a phenomenon for which they don’t know there’s a name. This condition is called emotional inflammation—a state not unlike post-traumatic stress disorder, but one that stems from simply living in today’s anxious, overwhelming, and tumultuous world. If you’ve suffered from sleep problems, hyperreactivity, persistent grief, or inescapable worry about the future—especially triggered by the nonstop news cycle—then you’re probably dealing with emotional inflammation.
The good news is: there’s something you can do about it.
With Emotional Inflammation, general and forensic psychiatrist Dr. Lise Van Susteren joins writer Stacey Colino to present a breakthrough guide to help you become grounded and resilient in these turbulent times. You’ll begin by determining your “reactor type” to better understand how your body and mind respond to stress overload. Then you’ll learn the vital steps of the powerful RESTORE program for recovering inner balance, personal effectiveness, and joy in your life:
• Recognize Your Feelings: how to identify, unpack, and learn from difficult emotions
• Evaluate Your Triggers: pinpoint what sets you off and how you can moderate your reactivity
• Steady Your Body’s Natural Rhythms: keys for restoring your natural, healthy internal equilibrium
• Think Yourself into a Safe Space: work with your mind to remain flexible, thoughtful, and adaptable
• Obey Your Body: essential self-care practices for diet, exercise, stress management, and more
• Reclaim the Gifts of Nature: revitalize your healing connection to the natural world and its awe-inspiring benefits
• Exercise Your Power: become an “upstander” who takes effective action from a place of compassion, hope, and love
Completing the basics of this method, the authors share key insights on how to personalize RESTORE to fit into your life based on which of the four reactor types you identify with—Nervous, Revved, Molten, or Retreating.
You can’t always control the crises and catastrophes that are swirling around you. But that does not mean you’re powerless against the status quo—nor do you need to be at the mercy of the physiological, psychological, and spiritual stress responses inside you. With Emotional Inflammation, you now have an invaluable guide to help you cope with the challenges of a turbulent world, calm your body and mind, and reclaim a sense of peace, purpose, and connection to others.
|Contents||Hardcover Book (296 pages)||eBook (296 pages)|
|Filetypes||EPUB, MOBI, PDF|
|Dimensions||6 x 9 inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.