No Bad Parts
Discover an empowering new way of understanding your multifaceted mind—and healing the many parts that make you who you are.
Is there just one “you”? We’ve been taught to believe we have a single identity, and to feel fear or shame when we can’t control the inner voices that don’t match the ideal of who we think we should be. Yet Dr. Richard Schwartz’s research now challenges this “mono-mind” theory. “All of us are born with many sub-minds—or parts,” says Dr. Schwartz. “These parts are not imaginary or symbolic. They are individuals who exist as an internal family within us—and the key to health and happiness is to honor, understand, and love every part.”
Dr. Schwartz’s Internal Family Systems (IFS) model has been transforming psychology for decades. With No Bad Parts, you’ll learn why IFS has been so effective in areas such as trauma recovery, addiction therapy, and depression treatment—and how this new understanding of consciousness has the potential to radically change our lives. Here you’ll explore:
- The IFS revolution—how honoring and communicating with our parts changes our approach to mental wellness
- Overturning the cultural, scientific, and spiritual assumptions that reinforce an outdated mono-mind model
- The ego, the inner critic, the saboteur—making these often-maligned parts into powerful allies
- Burdens—why our parts become distorted and stuck in childhood traumas and cultural beliefs
- How IFS demonstrates human goodness by revealing that there are no bad parts
- The Self—discover your wise, compassionate essence of goodness that is the source of healing and harmony
- Exercises for mapping your parts, accessing the Self, working with a challenging protector, identifying each part’s triggers, and more
|Contents||Paperback Book (216 pages)||eBook (216 pages)|
|Dimensions||6 x 9 inches|
Shipping and Returns
Shipping (US and Canada Only) calculated at checkout.
See Return Policy
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.