100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
Mindsight—A Potent Skill That Can Help Us Rewire Our Brain and Live Life to the Fullest
Mindsight is the term that Dr. Daniel J. Siegel, a pioneer in the emerging field of interpersonal neurobiology, coined to help us understand how we can harness the power of our minds for personal transformation. With Practicing Mindsight, this acclaimed author and speaker invites you to join him for an online course that explores how to resculpt our neural pathways, and break free from the mental patterns that hold us back from living life to the fullest.
A thorough distillation of his life’s work, this immersive six-session course includes four instructional sessions, and two Q&A sessions—more than seven hours of paradigm-shifting insights, cutting-edge science, and helpful tools for developing this valuable life skill.
“Dr. Daniel Siegel is one of the most thoughtful, eloquent, scientifically solid and reputable exponents of mind/body/brain integration in the world today.”
— Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, author of Wherever You Go, There You Are
“Mindsight is a remarkable exploration into the synergistic workings of the mind and the brain. Using clinical vignettes…Dr. Siegel shows us how we can go from reactive impulsiveness to receptive awareness so that we can make valid choices, not blindly repeat maladaptive behaviors.”
— Clarice Kestenbaum, Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia University
A Global Innovator in the Integration of Science and Psychotherapy
Through his 25 years of careful, hands-on clinical work, Dr. Siegel has made it his mission to understand the complex interplay between our mind, brain, and relationships—and how to leverage this dynamic for improved health and well-being.
Using scientific research from a broad range of fields including attachment theory, psychology, neurobiology, and medicine as well as fresh insights into its practical application in everyday life, Dr. Siegel has developed unique approaches that have helped hundreds of patients heal themselves from painful events in the past and overcome the obstacles to happiness in the present.
Dr. Siegel’s discoveries have also inspired cultural leaders in numerous fields to transform and enhance their work—from His Holiness the Dalai Lama to the Vatican and more.
- Describe the relationship between the brain, the mind, and human relationships
- Summarize how the brain is shaped and molded by the mind
- Utilize a meditation practice that increases mindfulness
- Apply therapeutic techniques that can help clients gain meaning from traumatic events
- Discuss how different forms of early attachment impact the structure of the brain and adult relational patterns
Whether you’re a therapist seeking to help a client heal trauma, a spouse looking to create a closer connection with your mate, or a parent seeking to raise a healthier child, Practicing Mindsight offers an illuminating online course rich with scientific evidence and case studies on how we can all harness the power of our minds to rewire our brains for greater happiness and well-being.
- Mindsight, a skill we can all develop to break free from mental patterns that get in the way of living our lives to the fullest
- A practical definition of the mind—distilled from a dozen scientific fields
- The triangle of well-being—how to promote a healthy flow between your mind, brain, and relationships
- How to stimulate the growth of new neural connections in your brain
- What it means to resonate with another and create a “we”
- Neural plasticity—how the brain changes in response to experience
- What you can do to keep your mind fresh and keep yourself from getting stuck in behavior ruts
- The eight domains to integration and how they can help promote harmony in our lives
- More than seven hours of clinical insights, cutting edge science, and helpful tools for developing the life-changing skill of Mindsight