A New Brain-Based Method for Healing Trauma And Expanding Performance And Creativity
|Add to Cart|
Self-Guided Video Course
100% guarantee on Sounds True titles
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website.
If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectation—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund or exchange—whichever you prefer.
For items manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Discover a Revolutionary Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Discuss the discovery, development, innovative technique, and application of Brainspotting as a brain-based method for healing trauma and expanding performance, and creativity
- Discuss and demonstrate Brainspotting through experiential sessions with questions and answers focusing on the healing of trauma
- Discuss and demonstrate the benefits of Brainspotting with a focus on Sports Performance and the healing of profound, cumulative sports traumas that interfere with an athlete's performance
- Discuss and demonstrate Brainspotting as a technique to unleash and expand creativity in artists
- Practice a short session of Brainspotting, in order to highlight the immediate and tangible effects of the technique
The next evolution in brain-based therapy is here. With a technique he calls Brainspotting, Dr. David Grand has discovered way to combine talk therapy's ability to help us understand our own psyche with brain-based therapy's extraordinary power for catalyzing rapid healing. With Brainspotting, this pioneering therapist offers a four-session, self-paced course on this revolutionary method for harnessing the brain's own self-scanning system to help us locate and resolve old trauma, overcome obstacles to physical performance, and unleash our full creativity.
What You Will Receive:
- Four Video Learning Sessions
Four downloadable video sessions of insights and practices using Brainspotting in any therapeutic environment to help bring about rapid and effective change. Includes a pre-recorded Q&A session.
- FREE E-Book: Brainspotting
Enjoy a free copy of Dr. Grand's new book, Brainspotting, to learn more about the origin and use of this revolutionary therapy.
- Complete Downloads of All Course Materials
The entire program of Brainspotting is yours to keep and return to at any time.
"Where You Look Affects How You Feel"—The Foundational Insight of Brainspotting
At the heart of the Brainspotting method is the realization that where we look directly relates to what's going on in our brain.
Dr. Grand discovered this technique during a remarkable treatment session with a top-level figure skater. After observing his client's eyes reacting at a certain spot in her visual field when she spoke of her difficulty executing a particular jump, he asked her to focus on that one spot while processing her feelings. To his astonishment, the skater suddenly unearthed and worked through traumas that she'd never spoken of in her therapy—and since that day, she has been able to perform her jump flawlessly.
Expanding on that insight over the next decade, Dr. Grand has learned that the eyes have an intimate and precise relationship with the brain that works in both directions. He's found that when our eyes scan the visual field for information in our environment, they are simultaneously scanning the brain for our thoughts, feelings, ideas, and even the location of repressed memories and emotions.
In short: by carefully observing where a client's eyes focus, a therapist can gain a direct insight into what's going for that person at the neurological level—and use that insight to accelerate healing.
Learn About Brainspotting from the Founder of the Method
Since his discovery of Brainspotting, Dr. David Grand has refined and taught the method, using it with great success to benefit athletes, artists, business leaders, and survivors of traumas such as 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, and active combat. The method is currently being taught and used in North and South America, Europe, and the Middle East—and is rapidly becoming recognized as a powerful synthesis of brain-based and traditional therapy.
In this online training course, you learn about many applications of Brainspotting directly from the founder of the method. Using an engaging combination of lecture, book-based insights, and demonstrations with members from a live audience, Dr. Grand will reveal the potential of Brainspotting to serve as a powerful supportive tool for almost any form of therapy.
Designed for therapists, their clients, and anyone interested in learning about this new therapeutic approach, the workshop begins with an overview of the practice and history of Brainspotting. Dr. Grand then turns our focus on how the method can be applied to mental health issues, especially trauma. He then presents the applications of Brainspotting to sports and creative performance, including demonstrations of Brainspotting-based coaching with an actor and an athlete.
"In the 10 years since we began using Brainspotting," Dr. Grand says, "we've come a long way in understanding how we can use our brain's natural scanning system to promote healing. I believe we've just scratched the surface of what's possible as we develop this method in new ways." With Brainspotting, you are invited to join this innovative therapist to learn how this powerful approach can enhance any system of therapy or psychological self-care to help spark rapid, effective healing and change.
- Receive a free copy of the e-book of Brainspotting by Dr. David Grand
- What is Brainspotting? An overview of how it works and its most effective applications
- The three modes of Brainspotting—Outside Window, Inside Window, and Gazespotting
- The neurobiology of Brainspotting—how this method allows the therapist and client to directly harness neuroplasticity
- Healing trauma—how Brainspotting can point us directly towards unresolved trauma to trigger profound healing
- Creativity and performance—using Brainspotting to release mental blocks, draw on inner resources, and maximize our physical and creative potential
- Deepening your attunement with clients—how Brainspotting helps you create a safe and trustworthy therapeutic environment
- Effective tips for therapists—guidance for using sound, the pointer tool, and your own intuition
- Demonstrations—recorded before a live audience, these treatment sessions with a trauma survivor, professional athlete, and actor show the immediate benefit of Brainspotting
- Video Q&A session with Dr. David Grand
Write Your Own Review
- great technique and view of human beings Review by Rafael
The course is really easy to follow, the techniques presented make sense and are effective ( after doing the course I went back to therapy with psychologisy who uses brainspotting)
David Grand shows profund respect to people and is humble therefore
intelligent and open to everyhting that can come up using brainspotting.
(Posted on 11/27/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Hochima T
This introduction was just what I was looking for. I had started reading the book, but had a bit of trouble visualizing some of the moves. Or if listening to the alternating ears music how that related to the brainspot. Now I have a visual and know. Still more to learn on this, but this was a very good introduction.
(Posted on 10/22/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Bénédicte L
Really interesting material, program easy to use.
(Posted on 8/24/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by lyndel m
Yes, it was a great taste of David's wonderful new trauma technique. For the cost of this online course, I thought it was good value for money. I do want to now read his book and become more proficient in the use of this powerful technique.
(Posted on 7/9/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by ruth k
I returned the program because I found some brainspotting work close to where I live but I want you to know that I was thoroughly pleased with the way my return was handled. All orders I have done through Sounds True has always been topnotch and I so appreciate working with this company. Ruth Kreibich
(Posted on 6/28/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Dr J B S
I am constantly looking for more effective ways to treat trauma. I have already used the information from these videos to apply the principles of brainspotting and have found it to be a very helpful tool in the arsenal against trauma.
(Posted on 6/24/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by D G
Nice blend of lecture and demonstration
(Posted on 3/24/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Herb C
This was an amazing offer. I have now used Brainspotting and I am ready for deeper level training because the results are realy significant. There should be a disclaimer or warning that doing Brainspotting with trauma survivors requires a practitioner who is trained to handle and work with such emotionally raw and fragile individuals. Brainspotting opens material that could be dangerous if the recipoient is not proerly prepared. these trainings does not provide training in either trauma or preparation which should be a prerequisite for ethical application. I love David Grand , he is a wonderful teacher and a genius.
(Posted on 2/13/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Annabelle G
Good program would like more demonstrations and advanced training on line with credits
(Posted on 1/19/2014)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Sounds True to Isis P.
I saw your post and just wanted to make sure you were taken care of. It appears you accidentally purchased the online video course rather than the book, but Customer Service would be more than happy to do an exchange and get everything taken care of. Please contact them at email@example.com.
Wishing you all the best,
(Posted on 11/7/2013)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by mark r
I have gone through David's program once and am about to go through it again.
Because i have been studying very similar processes over the years i was able to add greatly to my understanding of how it all works.
I also loved the session showing how he works.
David is polished at what he does.
I really enjoyed this product!
(Posted on 10/24/2013)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Isis P
I never got my book Brainspotting I'm not very happy because I wrote a email yesterday and no response.
I'm very disappointed
(Posted on 10/9/2013)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Diane U
This presentation is fantastic.
(Posted on 6/14/2013)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by David O'Farrell
Fascinating and insightful !
The course is taught at a lovely pace, easy to understand and comprehend. The Brainspotting book is a walk through of the development and application of Brainspotting for use by the therapist in their daily practice. Looking forward to the L1 & 2 course in London Tomorrow.
(Posted on 6/3/2013)
- Review for Brainspotting Review by Louise Fitzgerald
Excellent book written in laywoman's language. A must read for any practicing therapists.
(Posted on 4/3/2013)
Self-Guided Video Course
Contents Video downloads; eBook (167 pages) Date Published May 06, 2013 Product Code AP03910
Contents 4.5 CE credits Date Published May 06, 2013 Product Code CE03968