100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
Apolo Ohno shares his most valuable lessons for overcoming challenges with resilience, creativity, and purpose.
In speed skating, a hard pivot is an aggressive shift of direction that requires courage, practice, and split-second timing. For Apolo Ohno, the most frightening hard pivot of his life didn’t happen on the ice—but rather, when he had to hang up his skates for good. “After my final Olympics, I felt confused, vulnerable, and adrift without purpose,” he says. “Yet that’s when I realized my experiences had given me something much more valuable than medals and memories. I had tools I could use to shift my life in a new direction—and most importantly, these were tools anyone could benefit from.”
With Hard Pivot, Apolo combines practical guidance, personal stories, and deep insights from the psychology of success into a resource to help you through challenging times. Here he shares his most valuable lessons and tools, condensed into the Five Golden Principles:
- Gratitude: A daily practice to help you maintain perspective, cultivate empathy, and alleviate stress
- Giving: How to elevate your life’s purpose by offering your time, attention, and resources to others
- Grit: Exercises to build mental stamina, resilience, and toughness to persevere through hard times
- Gearing Up: Ways to prepare yourself to meet the unknown with flexibility and grace
- Go: Develop the courage to take risks, learn from success and failure, and come back stronger
|Contents||Hardcover Book (160 pages)|
|Dimensions||6 x 9 inches|
|Contents||eBook (160 pages)|
|Filetypes||EPUB, PDF, MOBI|