Abiding in Mindfulness Volume 3 - CE Credits
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Summarize the fourth foundation of mindfulness: mindfulness of dhamma, or the categories of our experiences, such as the six sense spheres, the seven factors of awakening, and The Four Noble Truths.
- Discuss the process by which suffering arises in our minds and lives—and the possibilities for each of us to experience freedom here and now.
- Discuss the steps of the Noble Eight-Fold Path as outlined by the Buddha.
- Summarize the teachings from the Satipatthana Sutta on the mindfulness of dhamma, as taught by the Buddha, illuminated by Joseph Goldstein through poetry, practical exercises, teaching stories, and precise guidance for practice leading to liberation.
The Final Volume in Joseph Goldstein’s Satipatthana Sutta Series
In the words of the Buddha, the four foundations of mindfulness (the four satipatthanas) are “the direct path for the purification of beings, for the surmounting of sorrow and lamentation, for the disappearance of dukkha (suffering) and discontent, for acquiring the true method, for the realization of Nibbana.” Within the quintessential discourse called the Satipatthana Sutta, we find the Buddha’s seminal teachings on the practice of meditation.
On Abiding in Mindfulness Volume 3: On Dhamma, esteemed teacher and author Joseph Goldstein presents the culmination of his landmark series with a 16-CD audio curriculum that reveals the deeper insights of this vital sutta—and how it serves to pragmatically inform and guide your own daily practice.
The Fourth Foundation of Mindfulness and the “Categories of Phenomena”
The fourth foundation of mindfulness instructs us in mindfulness of dhamma, or the “categories of phenomena” that we experience. Having looked at the first two of these traditional categories (the hindrances and the aggregates) in Abiding in Mindfulness Volume 2, Goldstein now takes us into the three remaining categories known as the six sense-spheres, the seven factors of awakening, and the Four Noble Truths.
In nearly 18 hours of in-depth teaching, he guides us in discovering with exactitude and precision the process by which suffering arises in our minds and lives—and the possibilities for each of us to experience freedom here and now.
After four decades studying and practicing the Sattipatthana Sutta, Joseph Goldstein concludes that the seeds of all the Buddha’s teachings are contained with this revered text. Abiding in Mindfulness Volume 3 brings us an unprecedented audio series for anyone walking the Buddha’s path to happiness and fulfillment. Includes study guide with glossary.
- The Buddha’s teaching on dependent origination
- Freeing ourselves from mental fetters
- The four hallucinations and the re-training of our perception
- Opening to the wisdom that discerns truth
- Effort vs. relaxation on the path to awakening
- Realizing the end of craving
- The four aspects of mindfulness
- The stages and practice of equanimity
- Developing a wiser relationship to the world
- Eighteen hours of in-depth instruction with Joseph Goldstein, including poetry, teaching stories, practical exercises, and much more
|Contents||19.5 CE Credits|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.