Black Women's Wellness
Written by one of today’s most highly regarded women’s health experts, Black Women’s Wellness is filled with head-to-toe professional medical advice, sociology, sexology, self-care, and psychology. This groundbreaking manual serves as an indispensable and empowering guide to help Black women lead healthier, happier lives.
An essential guide to lifelong health and greater well-being from one of today’s highly regarded women’s health experts
“I offer this book as a Black female to be your one-stop reference on your personal quest to achieve total wellness, health, and happiness in every important aspect of your life.”
With the relatability and warmth you want from your doctor, Black Women’s Wellness addresses what most other physician-authored books omit: the unique challenges Black women face, including microaggressions and the less-than-desirable statistics and legacy of health-care outcomes. With comparative data for Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American women, this book provides clear, actionable information so women can live vibrant, healthy lives today.
In these pages, you’ll discover head-to-toe information and wisdom on:
- The top five medical issues for Black women: heart disease, diabetes, cancers, HIV, and maternal mortality
- The effects of social stress and microaggressions on Black women’s health
- Gynecological conditions including fibroids, endometriosis, and menopause
- Eye conditions: glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration
- Lung conditions: asthma, sarcoidosis, and lupus
- Musculoskeletal conditions: arthritis, fibromyalgia, and others
- Sickle cell disease and multiple sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s, dementia, and personality disorders
- Sex, STDs, sensuality, and relationships
- Beauty, finances, and successful life-management tools
- Self-care, embracing self-worth, and mental well-being
- Health inventory checklists and how to be an empowered patient
As a Black female ob-gyn who has cared for Civil Rights matriarchs, internationally known celebrities, and thousands of others, Dr. Melody T. McCloud urges, “If we improve a Black woman’s health, we can improve that of her family and future generations.”
Black Women’s Wellness is a long-needed book that will educate and motivate you to achieve your healthiest, richest life possible.
|Digital Audio (12 hours, 19 minutes)
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more