The Complete Audio Archive of a Beloved Philosopher of the Heart
John O'Donohue was a one-of-a-kind force of nature: a genius with words, a brilliant thinker, and a professional excavator of the soul. In the course of his extraordinary life, this Irish poet and teacher touched the hearts of millions with his unique blend of philosophy, instruction, and spiritual insight. For over a decade, Sounds True had the privilege of working with John, and Longing and Belonging presents the full collection of his recordings for both long-time listeners and those discovering his legacy for the first time.
Weaving Celtic Wisdom with Personal History
In the oral tradition so beloved of the Celts, John shares his intuitive approach to spirituality in programs such as Anam Cara, which explores Ireland's divine heritage, and Beauty: The Invisible Embrace, which helps us illuminate the beauty we long for. It is an odyssey into our common yearning for the magnificence of nature, for compassion, serenity, and hope, and for the “soul friends” who walk with us along the way.
“John always said that the great miracle of life was not the turning of water into wine nor the parting of the Red Sea, but the fact that there was something rather than nothing,” says David Whyte in his introduction. John O'Donohue was a man who rejoiced in all people and all existence, and with commemorating, full-length introductions by close friends Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés and David Whyte, as well as a special blessing card, Longing and Belonging celebrates the numerous gifts John shared with so many in his lifetime.
Longing and Belonging includes:
To Bless the Space Between Us: Blessings of comfort and illumination for the thresholds we all must cross in life.
Beauty: The Invisible Embrace: Spiritual lessons behind our soul-level hunger for what is beautiful.
Eternal Echoes: Reflections on our yearning to belong, and our possibilities for self-discovery, friendship, and creativity.
The Inner Landscape: A Celtic exploration of paradox as a means to find light in the darkest valleys of our inner terrain.
The Divine Imagination: A pathway to experiencing divinity as a lyrical and tender force present in all things.
The Invisible World: An odyssey of Celtic prayers, blessings, and teachings that honor the sacred unknown.
Anam Cara: Deep insights into the heart of Ireland's spiritual wisdom and practice.
- Express beauty as The Invisible Embrace, including the spiritual lessons behind our soul-level hunger for what is beautiful
- Express the Eternal Echoes, the reflections on our yearning to belong, and our possibilities for self-discovery, friendship, and creativity
- Discuss the Inner Landscape, the Celtic exploration of paradox as a means to find light in the darkest valleys of our inner terrain
- Discuss the Divine Imagination, the pathway to experiencing divinity as a lyrical and tender force present in all things
- Express the Invisible World, through an odyssey of Celtic prayers, blessings, and teachings that honor the sacred unknown
- Summarize Anam Cara and the deep insights into the heart of Ireland's spiritual wisdom and practice